Epilogue

Epilogue

1 Year later

The sun rays filtered through the window, piercing streams of light caught Khushi's sleepy attention as she sighed distastefully. Turning to face away from the light, she threw an arm over the empty side of the bed beside her and sighed in her sleep.

Today.

Sighing in content, Khushi turned over on her pillow and glanced around the room she resided in. The guest room of the Raizada house had given her several fond memories, many of which included Arnav, she mused thoughtfully. Getting up, she smiled, realizing she could not wait until later on in the day. She would finally get to see him.

Arnav.

It had been 5 whole days since she had last seen him in person, having left for an important and urgent meeting, he had to depart so suddenly that she was not prepared to even say goodbye. The first day without him seemed to have dragged forever, and she realized she had trouble spending even an hour without him. How she had managed to spend 5 days away from him was beyond her understanding.

Quickly glancing at the bedside alarm clock, she almost shrieked as she read the time. A disoriented Khushi arose from bed, shuffling about the room as she took out clothes from the wardrobe and rushed into the bathroom to freshen up and shower.

Usually being a very punctual person, she felt herself grinning at the memory of the last time she had been late for something.

"Arnav, get up! We're going to be late!" She shrieked, struggling to get his heavy hand off her waist.

"Arnav!" She said again when he groaned. "Let me sleep." He mumbled, and she controlled the bubbling laughter that had formed in the pit of her stomach. She wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with him for some more moments, snuggling against his warmth, dazing at his perfect face, tracing the ridges of his face, caressing that scar above his eyebrow. But alas, they had more important commitments and places to be. Today would be their first day back at work from a full two weeks off.

"We have to be there in half an hour and if you don't get up and shower this instant, we're going to be late!" She warned.

"That's okay. Let's be late." He mumbled, pulling Khushi closer to his body and snuggling against her warmth, all limbs flown over her body.

Sighing, Khushi realized that she would succeed to no avail at this rate. Arnav seemed to love his sleep even more when Khushi was his pillow. She would often wake up to his soft breathing on her skin, to his touch as he held her close, to his lips, close enough to press against hers...and she let her lips hover over his teasingly, knowing it would tempt him enough as she trailed a finger down his chest.

She saw him smile with his eyes still closed, and pull her closer. "Hmmm, now I'm awake." He murmured in content, He then took her by surprise while pulling her face closer and kissing her senseless, nipping and biting at her skin, drowning in her uncontrollable moans.

His fingers were under her shirt, his shirt, to be precise as she realized she had put in on at some point during the wee hours of the morning. Stilling his hands as she placed her fingers atop his, she dazzled him with a smile before pecking him one last time on the lips and getting off his body successfully.

"Great, now that you are awake, you can get ready." She smiled sweetly, leaving a baffled Arnav staring at her.

"Excuse me?"

"You needed help waking up, so I helped you." She pointed out with a shrug as she stood in front of the dresser to take out clothes. "You can thank me later." She winked before she broke out into relentless giggles.