The Story of an abused Pit Bull!

            The pleasure of my daily run one chilly April morning was abruptly shattered by the shrill wail of a siren. I followed the sound along a narrow alley.

            People were calling the cops because they saw people beating their Pit bull getting it ready for a dogfight. I knew it was illegal to beat your dog and to even Pit bull dogfight anyway! I walked through the ally where they where and the Pit bull was all banged up being beat with a whip and the owners saying “ get’em you stupid mutt, your never going to be a great Pit bull”. I just stood in shock seeing this happen. I tried to stay quiet and the Pit bull saw me and whimpered. I could hear the siren of the cop car. The dog and owners ran. “They must have seen the cop car”. I thought.

When the cops came they asked me what I saw. I was very shocked I didn’t know what to say. I was the only witness. They told me to describe the people I saw. I said, “I saw a short skinny guy with glasses and the other fat and short”. They said, “Ok we would find them”.

They ran that way I told the cops and the pit bull is sitting there. The cop said we got to get this guy will you watch the dog? I said yes will watch her. When the cop left I walked over to the dog and it had a tag it read Chloe if found please call 123-456-7890. I felt bad for the dog so I loaded him in my car and took him home I told the cops the dog ran away but I felt bad for the dog so I took her home.

 She was such a great dog, but she was really scared the whole trip home she kept thinking I was going to hit her every time I went to pet her. She would cry and whimper. I felt bad because I was sure that the owner who owned her was missing her poor dog. So I decided to call the number and record everything the owner said. (On the phone with the owner) “ Hello” I said “I found your beautiful blue nose Pit bull Chloe I was wondering where you live so I can give her back to you”? “ I don’t care about that stupid old mutt that dumb old dog made me loose my money, and that’s exactly why I let that dog go”. “ Well ok so your saying you don’t want your dog back”? “ No keep her I hate that dog”. “Oh and also can I get your name”? “ Yes it is Jack Driving”. “Alright thank you sir the police will here about this right away!”(Hangs up)  So I went to the police station and talked to the cop I was talking to the same cop I saw earlier. “ Hey I know told you the dog ran away, but I was lying and also I figured out the owner”. (Cop) “Well what is his name?” “It’s Jack Driving”. “Alright thank you for this information we will head over right now”

(At Jacks house) “Hello sir, Jack we are coming in”. “ Ok”. (The cops barge in and tell him “have your recently owned a blue nose Pit bull?” “ Umm yes sir. Why do you ask?” “ We heard that you and a friend have been beating your Pit bull Chloe”.  “ Yea so” “Well your going to jail for animal abuse!” “ Oh darn it well who really cares I hated that dog so I don’t really care what happens to me”. (The cops took him to jail)

(Later that night) “ Oh Chloe your such a great dog and I cant believe you did so well in surgery”. I said to Chloe. We were ready to go and we got in the car and headed home. I was talking the cop the next day wondering if they found the other man that abused Chloe. The cop said "Yes but we need a lot of help catching him and finding him." " Is it ok if i help i promise it will be worth my while?" " Well i suppose and also bring Chloe along please." " Ok i guess that could work I think it wil be ok with her to." ( In the car with tha cop, Chloe and the police dog) (cop) "I think you turn up on South Avenueand His house it on the right. "It's the big red one". (quietly getting out of the car) we walked up the long driveway and Chloe must know where she is going because she lead us right to the back door. I knocked on the door "Hello is anybody home?" and right as i said that his dogs started howling and growling. We waited for what seemed like 20 minutes and still nobody answered. " should we just walk in?" I said. He said " Well yes i'm a cop and it is my duty to figure this out." the door was not locked to we quietly opened the door keeping Chloe back just in case they were vicious dogs. The cop walked in with his dog and he had his things for catching the dogs just in case and the dogs must not have heard them. he did a forward motion to me telling me to follow. I was right behind him. The cop and i saw 3 HUGE Pit bulls one brindle, one a blue nose and the other a red nose. I whispered " oh my gosh they are huge." the cop didnt say anything. He told me to make a knocking noise thinking it was the door again to the dogs would get up. I knocked and the dogs shot up very quick he was ready to catch one of the dogs and they turned around and saw us i yelled " hey you lay down." the dogs obeyed and layed down. The cop let me go up to the dogs just to see what they would do all they did was whimper. " i'm not going to hit you its alright." the cop told me to go put the dogs in the car. i obeyed and the dogs obediently followed me. while i put the dogs in the kennels the cop let the police dog sniff out the house. I came back in the house and followed him down into a basement and you wouldnt want to believe what we saw... A mini dog fighting ring. i thought to myself wow what does this guy think he is doing. we searched around downstaris and we found a little room with 2 Pit Bulls chained up to a tiny leash and halfway starved to death! We started to panic and he slowly went up to the dogs and they growled. he told ME to go up to them i slowly got down to their height and walked to them. They looked at me and wagged their tails. i unhooked their leashes and went upstairs out the door putting them in kennels too. We walked upstairs and there was the guy sleeping in his bed... The cop grabbed him and hand cuffed him and said " your going to jail for dog abuse and having a dog fighting rink and the man screamed GETTEM." Nothing came out. The cop said " we have your dogs and it don't seem to me like your EVER going to get them back NICE TRY." We got in the cop car and headed for the jail. (at the jail) We locked him up and the police officer told me that i should help out more oftenand i was great and we make a great team.