BMS Chapter 13

Jude’s p.o.v

I waited till I knew for sure that Adam was asleep before I hoped out of bed grabbed his phone and started walking down the street. Even though I felt a little resentment towards Alex he was still a person and he was obviously in trouble. Whether it be serious or not I dint want to worry Adam, so I was going be myself.

The last text that I had gotten from Alex was that he was sitting in his car near the school. I walked for a little while just looking until I found him. He was sitting on the curb with his head in his hands looking down. I quietly sat down beside him and put an arm around his shoulders.

“Adam I did something bad. I don’t know what I’m going to do about it. I slept with this girl and I have a really bad feeling that she is going to be pregnant. How am I going to deal with all of this? What should I do if she calls me and tells me the news that I’m going to be a dad? I can’t be a dad yet, I’m still in high school and I don’t even know what I was doing sleeping with that chick.” He looked up into my face and saw that it wasn’t Adam that he was spilling out all his worries to. It was me. “Why are you here? I asked Adam to come not you.”

“Things have been really tough for Adam lately, so I came instead. He doesn’t know I’m here and he doesn’t have to know if you don’t want him to. I promise I won’t tell anyone about what you just said either.” His expression melted and he hugged me. His hug was a little tight but I could tell that he needed someone, anyone right at this moment.

“Thank you so much. I’m not as bad as I have been acting; it’s just so hard to take care of everything. It gets to me sometime and I’m sorry that I have taken out all of my anger on you before. You are a really nice guy; I can see it in you. Please don’t tell anyone about what I said please.” I gave him a nod and we sat there for a little while talking about random things.

“So you said that there were a lot of things for you to take care of. What did you mean by that?” his face hardened when I asked him that.

 “Don’t worry about it. It’s kind of late, do you need a ride back to Adam’s house?” he pulled out his car keys and opened the door for me to get it. I happily accepted his offer and we were quickly off. I told him to turn on E street, and he asked why we weren’t going to Adam’s house. I told him that Adam’s dad had kicked us out of the house and that we were staying with a guy named drew. The car instantly got quiet when I mentioned Drew’s name. Alrighty, maybe I should just stay quiet from here on out.

 “We have arrived.” Alex announced and I jumped out of the car, I waved before opening up the door. I walked across the carpeted floor when my foot came into contact with a beer can and I flopped down to the floor screaming my head off. A door opened and a naked drew came running out with a baseball bat in his hands.  

“Come at me bro! I have got a big stick and I’m not afraid to use it!” he took a few swings in the air when he noticed me on the floor. “Oh sorry, I thought someone broke into my house. Good thing you weren’t standing up, others you face would be all black and blue right now.” At first I thought that his chest naked but then I glanced down. My cheeks got heated and he chuckled.

“What is going on out here?” Adam walked in looking sexy as ever with his boxers on. The sleepy look on his face was adorable while he rubbed his eyes like a little kid just waking up from a nap. “Why are you naked and why do you have a baseball bat in your hands?”