Chapter 1: Some Life Was Just A Bowl Of Cherry

A place of beauty filled with serenity. I can feel the wind that blew right past my face, it's so warm. Standing in the middle of a field of flowers, blue tulips brush upon my skin. Behind was the dark forest  surrounded with it's dark shadow, but seems so peaceful and harmless. Across the land was the thin-lined horizon, the grey-blue mountains rest steadily upon it. I tried to treasure this feeling, the feeling of being alone in a place of wonders that man could never imagine in the average mind. 

  Well I'm not saying I'm smart. they did mention I'm imaginative, but as i remember too much imagination is a disaster. The sound of the kettle whistling broke through my ear, I immediately sit up, opening my eyes wide enough to notice the alarm clock beside me. At a certain speed, I grab it and Oh God! I'm Late! I threw my blanket to the edge of the bed and then I hopped out my room then into the shower.

"Hey! You did realize you're late? And Jimmy is here to pick you up", my mother announced as she stands infront of the bathroom.

"I know, I know! I'm almost done", I answered. Within a few minutes, I exitted the bathroom with my uniform already neatly wore. I sometimes like wearing my clothes in the bathroom, it's better that way epecially when I'm in a hurrry. It's less time consuming.

   I quickly race down the stairs and squinted at my watch. Good! Five more minutes! I'm expecting to see Jimmy on the couch or sitting on the chair waitingg for me. But as I can see, there are two boys in my house. 

"Hey, Ames!", Jimmy came foreward leading me down from the stairs with his hand pushing my back. "Have you met Pedro? he's my friend"  

   I merely stared there, stiffen on my place. I met this guy somewhere, I just can't remember. I don't know why but my heart skipped a beat. What?! But I've never been inlove before, never! Wait! There is probably some misunderstandings. Just because your heart is beating fast, it doesn't mean it's love. I quickly snapped myself off my thoughts. 

"ummm yeah. hi, I'm Ammilyn", I shook his hand as he stands. "And I'm Pedro" , he shook back.

"We need to go, we're late"

"Huh? But how about your friend?", I asked.

"He's with us now. He is our new transferee."

I turned to him. "Transferee?"

"yeah", he answered. "I wanted to start school here in your school". Ugh why?

I nodded. "Oh then lets go, we're late"

   A new transferee? Are you kidding? A car is waiting outside the gate of my home. Jimmy came out clutching both out backpacks behind him.

Without hesitations, I enter the car. Its a bright sapphire blue sports car and its quite wider than average. Wow! The inside was neat and the seats were velvet blue. Jimmy and I has the same favorite color, dark blue. So I won't doubt why everything is ocean-like. I inhale deeply as I smell a fresh strawberry scent. It was the air freshner hanging infront of the air conditioners. Yes, I said air conditioners, with "S". As in the whole car is smelling so delighful. I won't doubt why our ride is luxurious, my best friend is rich. 

"Hey Pedro! Want to ride with us?", he asked.

"No thanks", Pedro insisted, lifting a hand at us. After a second another car arrived. It's a more deluxe kind. This time its royal blue and as I have seen it's the latest model.

"Yeah", Jimmy sat back inside. I, peeking from the window could actually glimpse at the subcompact behind Jim's automobile. "I forgot to mention he is rich"

Inside his car, he waved a hand at me and I waved back. I sat back down and roll down the glass window. The driver starts driving through a quiet nature-friendly street then exitted to the poluted city. I don't like pollution, in fact I'm allergic to it. Seeing filthy places like this makes me wanted to vommit. But I was protected inside this fruit scented conveyance. I sunk myself in the seat then looked at Jimmy. He was staring at the road then look to my direction as well. He widen his eyes and pressed his lips in a thin line, like he was expressing the line "What is it?". I shook my head as if I already know what he was thinking. He leaned resting his head on his palms, as he face upward sighing. I look down.

"So Jim, why is that your life seems easy?", I asked.

"What do you mean?", he look at me.

"Well you get all these stuff and all"

"Well I wouldn't say it's an easy life. Its just...", he sighed. "Some life is like a bowl of cherry, Ames. You can pick which ever you want"  

I adore Jimmy's handsome feature. He acquire a light brown skin tone, not that dark or white, he possesed a dark brown hair almost appearing black, his eyes are like emeralds, his face is shaped perfectly and his height was a couple of inch taller than mine. In short my best friend was a hottie. As I thought of it I chuckled resulting the tip of my hand, cover my mouth. 

"What's so funny?", He wondered raising an eyebrow.

"Oh nothing", I laughed softly.

"Oh yeah?", he launch, tickling me. 

"No more! Okay! Okay!", I laughed and catch my breath. 

He chuckled. "Oh yeah right" 

After a few more turns, the car stopped, parking infront of a pink gate.  

"We're here sir", the driver declared.

"Yes, thank you Ben", Jimmy said before opening the door. I step out and he closed the door behind me. Ben provide our backpacks. Jim wear his, only one armed. 

"Hey!", we both turned. It was Pedro. Jim embrace him, giving each other "bro fist", as they say. 

"Let's go?", Jimmy urged. 

"Yeah", Pedro and I agreed. 

Jim entered the gates and so did I but I turn my head back as i notice Pedro standing behind, staring down at the pavement. I grab his wrist gently. "Hey, come on"

"I feel... Nervous...", he look at me. I can see it,  he is nervous.

"There's nothing to be afraid of, they're just people like you", I smiled.

He smiled back and nods. No. I'm an invisible. I'm not much noticed, even when I hear from others saying I'm pretty, I don't totally care. I don't communicate much, I think that's the reason. I have friends but I don't like hanging out much. He held my wrist, gently but tight. His temperature radiates through me, it's colder than what it should be. Jimmy walked beside me, on my right and Pedro on my left. Girls kept looking at me, I can't help but to face down. Well why wouldn't they? An invisible girl surrounded with beautiful boys.

"It's okay Ames", Jimmy said.

Pedro released my arm then walks straighter. Girls are squealing.

"See?  Its not so bad", I tugges at his arm.

"Thank you Ammilyn", he smiled.

This is nice. I've never heard that kind of sincere "thank you" before. I smiled.