Chapter 2

This chapter is dedicated to XxLovely_AngelxX for being my first fan and first comment! Thank you!!!

Enjoy guys..

Summer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gathered my things that I had intended to use to break into the museum. I had to get away from here real quick in case somebody discovered the break-in to the museum and the alarm went off. I wouldn't want to be caught with all this material especially for a crime I didn't commit. Damn it! I had everything perfectly planned to the last detail. I did background research on the exhibition, finding out the value on the diamonds, when they were coming to New York, the exact time that the diamonds were expected to arrive, which door into the museum was being used and where the diamonds were being placed. I studied and memorised the entire layout of the museum, every single alarm and scanned the area to decide on the best escape route.

Months of planning and information gathering, right out the bloody window. Who the hell does this guy think he is moving in on my territory? Does he know the amount of work, money and effort I have put into this?

I put on my backpack and climbed down the drainpipe. I made sure to scan around me to be certain that nobody had seen me. So far, so good. I started to jog down the backstreets to where I had safely parked my car, when the alarm from the Museum went off.

"Shit"

As soon as I got in the car, I hit the gas pedal and got my phone out.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up", I rambled to myself as I manoeuvred the car out on the freeway.

"What happened?" was the first thing he said, his voice concern and urgent.

"You tell me, Jake"

"What are you talking about? You are out way to early and you weren't supposed to call me until an hour from now and you want me to tell you what is happened?" he answered slightly annoyed.

"Somebody else was there. He got in and out before I did. There is no way an amateur can pull something this big off Jake. Who the hell is he and who is he working for?"

"I need to make a few phone calls. Drive to Rafael's mansion and I'll see you there in two hours." He hung up the phone.

"Well bye to you too" I said to my phone before snapping it shut. Jake is normally a very laid back goofy guy. That is of course until it comes to work. Then he turns very serious. Seeing Jake on the street you would never expect him to be involved in anything illegal. He is tall and lanky and too sweet looking, with the glasses and messy brown hair. But behind that exterior is a computer genius that can hack into any system. In fact, he was caught by the police at the age of 15 for hacking into government top secret files. He claims he just wanted to know if the government knew of any alien activity, area 51 and that stuff, and was keeping it from the public.

I met him two years ago through Rafael. Jake helps me to gather all the necessary information before breaking and entering and to clean my traces after a hit. He is my right hand guy and best friend. He is also very well connected and is among one of the first people to find out if there is an interest for a heist, when it's going to happen, where and by whom. Sometimes even before the thieves themselves know that they are about to be hired for the job. So the fact that he didn't know about this guy means that he is not from around here and could be trouble.

As soon as I arrived at the mansion, I turned the engine off, helped myself in and I ran up the stairs and towards the library where I knew I would find Rafael. I gently opened the door and peeked inside.

"Rafe?" I called out.

"I'm here, Olivia" I heard his voice from the far end of the room.

I stepped inside and practically ran towards him. He didn't seem surprised to see me so Jake must have already been informed him of tonight's events and Rafael was expecting me. He was sitting on a large mahogany leather armchair, sipping on cognac and seemed deep in though.

"I take it that you already heard", I said while pouring myself a drink and taking a seat in an armchair next to Rafael.

"Yes, and I have my suspicions about who this guy can be, but let's not jump into any conclusions. Jake will find out who he is and if he can't, I am sure there are other ways to find out his identity", he said still in deep thought.

We both became quiet then, both caught in our own thoughts, Rafe seemed to ponder about the new kid on the block and I was still annoyed about the wasted effort. I don't know how long we sat there lost in our thoughts but suddenly the doors to library burst open as Jake hurriedly made his way to us.

"You have no idea what I just found out."