Chapter Two

I looked at Beth for a little while, stunned. But once I realized she wasn't kidding I started jumping. "Oh thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!" i said, pulling her into a tight hug. Beth stuggled in my arms, "Can't..........breathe..........."

 "Oh god, sorry." I said, letting go of her. She gasped for a few moments, trying to regain her breath, then she looked up and frowned, "Looks like your best buddy is coming this way."

 I froze in the spot. Sam? No, it couldn't be him. He had moved to Ohio a year ago! But if it wasn't him, then who was Beth talking about? My questions were answered when I heard an all too familier whiny voice, "Well well, looks like someone has been busy."

 I slowly turned around and came face to face with Lacey. And of course who could forget her little minions behind her. They were all smirking, as if they had already won this fight. I looked at Lacey and said in a calm voice, "If anyone has been busy it has to be you. How many boys have you slept with since Sam moved? Twenty, twenty-one?"

 "You bitch!" She screeched, and tried to lung for me. But it didn't work so well since she had five inch high heels on. The result was her faceplanting in a selection of underwear. I looked at the scene in front of me, "Woah, I didn't know you were into girls too. You are full of surprises!" I heard her yell something, but it was muffled by the underwear. He little friends rushed forward and pulled her out.

 She looked furious. Fear started building up inside me, but I pushed it down. What could she do to me that she hasn't already done? I stood there, arms crossed, one eyebrow raised, and waited for her insults. Lacey pointed at me and said in an icy tone, "Just wait and see. I'm going to make you regret being alive if it's the last thing I do." She snapped her fingers and sashayed out of the store, her followers trailing after her.

 I sat down on the floor and put my head in my hands. I knew she wasn't lying. She would find a way to ruin my already horrible life. Tears leaked out of the corners of my eyes. I was distracted by a warm hand pulling me up. I looked around and realized that Beth wasn't with me. She had quietly walked to the register to buy the dress I loved.

 "Are you okay?" I looked at the person and felt a jolt. This boy looked familier, but I couldn't remember who he was. Maybe he went to my school or something. I suddenly became frustrated. Why don't I ever know anything? I don't know who killed my mom, I don't know why Sam chose Lacey over me, and I don't know who this stranger is! "No." I snapped, "I am not okay. What, you think that when a girl is crying she is terribly happy?" I tore my hand away from his and missed the warmth. But I couldn't go back to it now, I had probably convinced him that I was a crazy person by now. I stomped over to the register and grabbed Beth's hand, "We're leaving. Now. Before I start crying." She nodded, knowing what was going on. I brushed past the stranger and didn't even look back when I heard him call for me to stop.

 Beth stopped in front of my house and turned in her seat, "Are you sure you don't want to come to my house? You can even spend the night if you want." She was the only one who knew about my dad. If anyone else knew, they would take me away from him. I just need to hide him for one more year. Then I'll be out of the house and gone. I looked at Beth and smiled, "I'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though." I opened the door and jumped out. Beth gave me a quizzical look and then slowly pulled away from the curb. I let out a sigh of relief and went to the door. I opened the door and jumped as I heard a voice, "Where have you been young lady?" My dad asked, slurring his words big time.

 I was starting to get tired of him, "I went to the mall with Beth."

"I didn't say you could go. And don't take that tone of voice with me young lady." My dad warned.

 "You didn't say I could go because you were busy passed out from drinking!" I yelled, and instantly regretted it. My dad's head snapped up, and he took a couple steps towards me. Before I knew what he was doing his hand came in contact with my cheek. My head snapped to the side of my neck from the force of the blow. I kept it there, not wanting to look at him. My father, the one who used to love me. I put my hand up to my cheek and finally looked at him. He turned around and went to the pantry, pulling out a bottle of vodka. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. I started running down the street, not sure of where I was going.

 I had run for about two miles before I slowed down and came to a stop on the side of a desreted road. I crashed down onto the gravel and started to cry. I cried for my mother. I cried for my father. And most of all. I cried for my life. I didn't want to live anymore. I crawled into the middle of the street and layed there, not caring what would happen next. I fell asleep and dreamed about my dad, the person to convince me that I didn't want to live anymore.