Chapter 6: Hide and Seek

Lamia Mordrake cursed as he looked back at the massive indentation on the forest ground caused by his earlier outburst. He didn't want any more disturbances from his self exile, but the pathetic humans keep on dragging him to their battles.

"Humans never change." Lamia said to himself. 

He shook his head, finding Lilian is his main concern for now. He clenched his fists, trying to control his irritation and feeling of dread as he thought of the things that might have happened to her after being blown away. She may be able to fight off enemies with her guns but she still lacks the attitude. She was too giving, too naive to realize that she was in trouble. "Just like an angel." Lamia thought to himself. 

With Lilian still on his mind, he closed his eyes and concentrated. With his excellent hearing, he tried to tap into the conversations around Gaeia. He stopped when he heard two Ethereans talking,

"I heard Yula-toori took in an injured person…"

Lamia didn’t think twice, still worrying (though he’ll never admit it) about Lilian's possibly injured condition. He didn't wait for the person to finish what he was going to say. With his dark black wings he flew immediately to Nayateri Yula-toori's location. He arrived at the house and with a loud booming voice he shouted,

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

Nayateri Yula-toori hurriedly came out of the house, startled by his shout.

"Yula-toori, i heard you took in Lilian, an Etherean Angel; give her back to me!" Lamia said, trying to hold down his anxiety. He stared at the angel, squinting his eyes from the light she was emanating.

“I don’t know who you’re talking about! She wasn’t the patient I took in!”

“LIES! TELL ME WHERE LILIAN IS OR I SHALL ROAST YOU ALIVE!”

“She is not here, understand? The one in my care is not an Etherean!”

Lamia didn't know the reason for Yula-toori's hesitance. He looked at her with enraged eyes, trying to figure out what she was hiding. Was she telling the truth? He dismissed the exclamations of the other angels, irritated of their intervention. Exasperated, he looked up trying to figure out where the hell Lilian could be and he felt his blood boil at the sight of a human: Maik Brightbord.

Due to instinct and anger towards humans, he leaped up in the air, aiming his twin swords at the prince's throat. Maik snapped out of his trance and was able to jump down from the roof unto the soft grass. Yula-toori stood firmly in front of the prince looking at Lamia with determined eyes. 

Lamia put away his swords and stood watch as the angel helped the human back into the house. "Tch, prying information from them would be useless." he muttered, so spreading his wings, he flew high above the kingdom and looked down, hoping to find Lilian, walking around or something. 

Unaware of Lamia's anxiety for her, Lilian, still sooty from the blast, was arguing with Cherie Clausewitz's angel imp familiar, Jun.

"I'm not even doing anything to you!" Lilian pouted at the familiar as it stood guard by the kitchen door where Cherie was preparing food for the three of them. Jun stuck out his tongue at her and she stuck out her tongue in return.

Just then, Cherie came out of the kitchen holding a tray of strawberry cakes. Lilian's eyes sparkled with delight at the sight of the cakes. She stood up abruptly that Jun got startled. She walked towards Cherie, holding out her hands for the tray.

Cherie smiled at her and gave her the tray and went back to the kitchen to get the tea. Jun, jealous of the gesture, pushed Lilian causing her to fall down. The cakes flew up in the air and fell on Lilian. Jun laughed at the hilarious sight.