Chapter 1

"We'll need to cancel the fashion show." I said to my assistant, Joanna Parker.

"But why?" She asked me.

"We don't have enough money for this." I explained.

"But if we cancel we'll lose our costumers." She said.

"I know, but there's nothing we can do." I told her.

"Actually, I might have a solution. You know who my brother is. Maybe he can help us." She suggested. Of course I knew who her brother is, Richard Parker, one of the richest people in New York. He owned a famous line of restaurants. They were called Parker after their last name.

"I don't wanna bother him with such thing. Besides, he's probably busy. And I would he really want to help us?" I asked.

"Of course he would. He knows how much I love working here with you and how much it means to me." Joanna told me. She is two years younger than me. But when I came back to New York and transferred my company here she helped me a lot. I don't know where I would be without her. Every time I messed up with something, she was there to fix it, just like now.

"Okay then. Call your brother and schedule an appointment with him." I told her.

"Right away." She said with a smile on her face. She left while I continued to work.

I am the owner of a fashion designer company called "Mode". I started it about a year ago when I was in Chicago. Joanna was also there with me. We aren't exactly best friends, but she is the closest thing to a friend that I have. Less than a month ago I came back to New York, the city I have grown up in. So far it has been going good but now when we need to have a fashion show, we don't have enough money for it to be good enough. Thankfully I have my assistant Joanna, who always helps me.

Four hours later

Me and Joanna are in a meeting room waiting for her brother. She managed to convince him to have a meeting with us.

After a couple of minutes he comes in.

"Good afternoon. My name is Richard Parker." He tells me.

"Good afternoon. I am Evelina Jones. Thank you so much for doing this. It means a lot." I tell him.

"Oh it's no big deal. I am doing it for my sister. I know how much she loves working with you." He tells me.

He slides me the contract.

"Here. All you need to do is sign this." He tells me.

I take it and sign it.

"Here you go." I give him the contract.

"I am looking forward to working with you, Miss Jones. Also I would like to invite you to the party of our company. We are celebrating six years of succesful work. I hope you will come. It's in two days." He tells me.

"Oh, of course. I'll be there." I tell him. "Goodbye then, Mr. Parker. Goodbye Joanna." I say goodbye to them and leave.

I come out of their company building and enter my silver BMW. I go back to my work and continue preparing things for the fashion show. Soon am the only one that's left in the building. I complete the work and go back to my apartment. My apartment is on the 12th floor of the building. It's not that big, but it's quite nice. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one in the master bedroom, and the other in the hall), it has a quite big living room and an average size kitchen. It also has a balcony that looks over most of New York

I quickly ate my dinner and went to bed. That night sleep didn't come to me. The thoughts of what happened six years ago in high school came back to me. The way I left New York without saying goodbye, leaving everything I had behind.

Finally, I fell asleep at around 3 AM, dreaming about certain brown eyes I thought I know so well, but I didn't know them at all.