Chapter 4

It might have been the cold. It might have the bitter coffee. It might have been the Chinese Dawn ate last night for dinner. But she was sure she had been hallucinating, or at least dreaming. So when she awoke in her bedroom, she wasn't concerned. 

What a delirious dream.

Dawn groaned and rolled over to get out of bed but was faced with Sirius sitting on the chair from reception. 

A scream erupted from Dawn's throat before she could help it and she threw her sheet over her head. It was real. All of it was real. Dawn had been chosen to go to Black Korazon to be trained. But how had she gotten here? Did she faint? Oh that was embarrassing.

"I can guarantee hiding under there won't help you" Sirius announced past her covers. 

Dawn scrunched her eyes shut. She was acting like a child. 

But before she could act and gather her resolve the sheets were pulled back and Sirius was leaning over her. His hair falling either side of his face and his long arms against the wall holding himself up. 'His jumper is gone' Dawn thought to herself absentmindedly. He was wearing a t-shirt that hung down from gravity. It revealed a small patch of skin along the top of his jeans. Dawn felt her face flame up and then looking to his eyes and that long made it worse. He knew she was looking.

"Look all you want flower, there is plenty more" Sirius remarked. 

Sirius smirked. Dawn was almost sure she was still asleep. But as soon as it was there it was gone. He had almost smiled at her. Her. Dawn wondered what she looked like at the moment. Was Sirius flirting with her? And had he just called her flower? His eyes seemed playful as opposed to stone cold. His posture over her made her feel frisky too. He looked so much more at ease now that they were in her bedroom.

They were in her bedroom.

"Sirius, what are we doing in my room?"

Sirius shrugged off the wall and gave a non-committal "You fainted" but stayed right next to the bed that Dawn was still horizontal on. He quite liked her at this angle; her hair across the pillow and a pink stain across her cheeks from him catching her looking at him. She looked lighter and less terrified when she was around something she familiar, he noted. 

"So i wasn't dreaming?" Dawn asked the room as she sat up. That meant-

Her eyes cut to Sirius and his narrowed, all humour melting off of his face. His stony resolve came back to place on his and Dawn wondered if this was his mask for everything. this must be his natural face. She wanted to bring back his cracks.

"No Ms Daniels. You have 24 hours to accept or deny the role. You know the consequences if you deny" Sirius said, his voice deepening toward the end of his statement. She did know the consequences, but what was the role. She also knew that you weren't told that until you accepted, in case you told anyone. 

Sirius moved away but Dawn stayed staring at the floor of her small basement bedroom apartment. She didn't want to die, but she was so comfortable in her day to day at Weed. She was scared of change and Black Korazon wanted her for a job? She was a delicate woman and overall human being, but she couldn't say no. Her hands tightened on her sheets and her eyes squeezed shut. 

Dawn had no one to say goodbye too. No family or friends, her boss would replace her once he noticed she was gone. She had no savings, nothing holding her down. It made her feel so alone. And so scared. 

The silence in the room was deafening. Sirius was a member of Black Korazon. Which meant if she didn't accept, she would be the one to kill her. He was an elite. Her heart restricted. She felt safe with someone who was going to kill her if she rejected him. But he was just standing there. He hadn't left her room. Hadn't stopped looking at her. And even now, she felt terrified but safe.\

This is so screwed up. 

Dawn cleared her throat to answer but made the mistake of looking at Sirius. Gosh he was beautiful.

"Why did you call me flower?" She asked instead. 

He didn't look surprised by the question, and if he was he hid it very well. Dawn assumed he hid a lot of things very well. He did however move closer and lower his voice to answer. 

"It's not important. What have you decided Dawn?"  he said.

Dawn took a deep breath fell back against the bed, a light show of the annoyance she felt. Why was this happening to her? Of all people why her? 

"I don't have much choice do I?" Dawn asked, feeling boxed in. 

 "You have a choice Dawn, but you know what happens if you say no"  

She was stupid if she said yes,but dead if she said no. But also, dead if she said yes and then failed. Sirius was going to kill her unless she succeeded. And Dawn was scared, but she was a survivor. The past three years had shown that. 

"Alright. I accept the Black Korazon's request" 

P.S  Thank you for your support! VOTE AND COMMENT!