Did We Just Have A Moment

Damon'S POV:

"Do you have any ideas why you are here?" Officer Jenkins questioned. His blue eyes stared into mine, not doing anything by means. If this is what he does to get people to start bawling out the crimes they've done, then those people are babies.

I shrugged, rubbing the dust off my leather jacket. I wiped the dirt from my shoulder, not paying attention to the police officer. He didn't scare at me at all. If he thinks wearing a dinky uniform with a shiny, little badge clipped to his shirt pocket makes him look tough, than he's got a lot to learn. I leaned back into the chair, crossing my arms and balancing myself on two legs. The officer stared at me, wanting and trying to get answers out of me. Yeah, right. He also wants me to get up and start doing the dougie. Well dude, hate to break it to you, but I'm not doing either one.

The officer finally gave up and slammed the table that separated us. "Ugh! I can't freaking intimidate this kid! It's like he doesn't even know I'm here."

I smirked, drumming my fingers against the hard table. There was a loud buzz and the officer that was supposed to be getting me to cave, stood from his seat and walked out of the room. I wasn't intimidated by officers anymore. I've been in here enough times to not be scared by them. And it was always for the same charges.

Trespassing. Speeding tickets. Under-age drinking. Stealing. Assault. Blah, blah, blah.

The door opened again as I continued to drum my fingers against the table. Suddenly, a cream coloured file appears in front of my face. I leaned forward, seeing the name on the side tablet. Damien Miles.

"Open it!" commanded the officer.

I ran my fingers through my hair before opening the file. My picture was in there along with information such as my full name, birth-date, age, parent's names, etc. I looked about fifteen in the picture. It was taken after I got caught for stealing and trespassing. I glanced at the charges. There wasn't many words on the lines besides the things I listed earlier. I wasn't arrested all the time. The only reason I was in here tonight was because a cop caught me drinking and driving.

The police officer was watching me as I continued to read over all the folder. There was a lot of blank lines, but there was numbers next to the charges. I bet they're keeping track of how many times I will do the same thing over again. Not many times for all of them. The most were for trespassing and stealing, since I do most of the supply jobs.

He stared at me with his intense blue eyes. Why does every cop have blue eyes? I mean, come on! Sorry, back to our discussion. I do the supply jobs which means (for the people who don't know what that means) is that I get all the supplies for the recruits that the boss is training. It may sound easy, but it's not. You have to know when to do it and how to do it. Not many people can perform it the way I do, but that is why Damon Miles is so special.

The officer tapped his fingers against each other. "So, Damien-"

"Damon," I interrupted him. I hated my full name.

He raised an eyebrow. Police officers hated being interrupted. Yeah, well I hate being brought into the 'intimidation' room. "Damon, do you have any idea why you are here?"

"Let me guess," I said leaning forward. "Um, something to do with under-age drinking and driving at the same time, ya-da, ya-da."

"It may sound like that to you, but you were dangering people's lives. Putting others at stake. Did you think about that before you started driving? Or better yet, drinking?" he asked. Oh, he was good. But I was better.

"Officer Valt, tell me somethin'. Have you ever had a wild side? I mean, before you became a cop. Or was it always your dream to become one? To wear a dinky-looking costume and have a gun that makes you seem better than others, yet you're not?" I smirked, resting my arms on the table.