Save Me- Part 7

"Mia? Jacob? Where are you?"

I leaped off the bed and crawled into the bathroom, my towel plastered to my body with the help of my arms

"Jeez Mi-Mi, way to be subtle..." Jacob muttered at me sitting up on my bed.

I heard the bedroom door creak open from the bathroom.

"Sleeping over are we?" My mother said to Jacob. Somehow he had managed to get the TV on before she peeped in.

"Yeah, as usual." He chuckled turning down the volume on the television .

"As long as you stay on the couch, as usual." She mimicked him with a light laugh. "Is Mia in the bathroom?" She asked, walking into my bedroom, as I could hear.

"I'm in here mom!" I called, sticking my head out the door. "How was your night?" I asked.

"Lovely. Go to bed soon kids." She said smiling, kissing me on the cheek before walking out.

"Phew." I sighed pushing open the door

"Put some clothes on." Jacob said, shielding his face from me with a chuckle.

"Oh yeah cause you so have a problem with it." I smirked, opening my dresser drawer to pull out a pair of stripped boy shorts and a white V-neck t-shirt with a white bra.

"That's beside the point." He muttered under his breath.

I went into my bathroom once again to change quickly, brushing my teeth and then yanked a comb through my tangled hair, still singing to myself through it all. Once I was sure I looked good, but like I was going to bed I walked back out.

He was still sprawled across my bed, and then he looked at me.

"The song's you sing in the bathroom are always about guys. Why?" He asked nonchalantly without even bothering to look up at me.

"I don't know." I replied swallowing, trying to ignore the heat rising to my cheeks. I crawled into bed next to him and threw the covers over both of us.

"Are they always about the same person?" He asked quietly, now looking down at me.

"Usually." I said stretching my arms above my head with a yawn.

"They are very pretty" He whispered, closing his eyes.

I reached over and flicked the light switch and curled into a ball next to him while he turned off the TV.

"Thank you for getting me today." I said quietly, muffled slightly.

"It's my job. Don't let anyone else take it." He whispered against my hair, pulling me in close too him like he did every night.

I closed my eyes and exhaled heavily. I could fall asleep to this every night of my life truth be told. The steady thump of his heart against my ear. The warmth of his body running over mine as it travels the air. The sound off his breathing in sync with my own while we doze off into a deep sleep.

But I'd always want a good night kiss; something I'd never get.

Imagining what his lips would feel like on my lips. I remembered what they felt like, gliding across my jaw. I wanted desperately to feel his touch again- for real this time.

Jacob must have thought I was asleep, I was absolutely sure of it because of the way his finger tips trailed over my body.

They started through my hair, stringing through the damp strands, twirling around his fingers. Then down my back, dancing along the crease of my spine. Next, up my arm, tracing in a slow motion. All the way up to my jaw, where he drew his finger across and up to my lip.

"I did miss." He whispered to himself