The house felt empty with Tanney's presence gone. I decided to do some fixing since I had to stay at home all day.  Limping my way down to the basement to get the screwdriver to tighten some loosen door knob screw, i pulled on my favorite floral robe over the blue satin cami and short pajamas i was wearing. Making my way down the small stairs, I turned on the light trying to figure out where I had put the toolbox. I have been planning to remodel the basement since forever but haven't figured out what to do with it.
Shifting around the heavy brown boxes at the left hand side of the room, I found the toolbox buried under some old curtains.
"Seriously...i should put this upstairs".
I rifted through numbers of tools I had no idea what their mechanical names were looking for the infamous screw driver.
"There you go".
I kept the blue bottomed screw driver aside, arranging the boxes back to their original position making sure to put the tool box in a reachable spot.
About to leave the basement, some thing caught my eyes.
I noticed a reddish blood like content on the old wooden floor. Slowly I moved closer, removing the black garbage bag on the surface.

I'll KILL YOU

I read the words written boldly with red spray paint. I turned around, scanning the room. The small window at the upper hand side of the room was closed tightly. I gripped the screw driver tightly. Fleeing upstairs, I   ignoring my almost healed ankle.

I dialed the cops on the brand new cellphone Jon got me about a week ago. I felt determined while I explain the scene to the cop on the other end.

The doorbell rang a few minutes later.  I abandoned the screw driver  which seemed like the only method of self defense on the floor. This was the first death threat I received ever since the stalking incident began. I rushed to the door without a second doubt of who it might be. I felt at ease as I opened the door.

"Felicia Simmons", a familiar voice called my full name as the door opened.
"H--".
A keen shock ran through my bloodstream when i found Ashton standing on my doorstep. He had a phony smirk on his face -- his eyes glanced at me diabiocally. I immediately slammed the door on his face but he grabbed it before it could close.
"Don't make me hate you Fel". He said pushing the door open. I staggered backwards as he approached me after locking the door behind him.
"I felt compassion for you....but tried to close the fucking door to my face". He snarled.
"WHY ARE YOU HERE !" I cried out bumping into the couch behind me.
"Didn't you make a report...I'm here as cop Fel".
He stood just an inch from me. His breathe smelled like alcohol and mint. Bring his hand to my face, he brushed his thumb on my left cheek.
"You look so beautiful without makeup", he whispered.
"Ahh..ah..I", I stammered.
"Shhhh".
He placed his index finger on lips. "I would accept you back..and forgive everything if you apologise sincerely."
"To hell with you asshole". I scoffed spitting on his face. Touching the saliva on his skin, he glared at me spitefully.
"BITCH !!!" He gnarled hitting me across the face. Dragging me by the collar, he tossed me to the floor.
"Did..you just-- " he paused using his foot to pin me to the ground.
"You know I can't control what I might do ".
He vexed pounding his foot on my chest.
I tried to breathe as I scuffled to pull away. The sole of his shoe peeled my flesh each time it landed on my chest with force. I grabbed his shoe forcely screaming with pain.
"Stop please....stop", I struggled to say.
Walking away from me, he turned his back at me breathing heavyily. The aura in the living room changed and so did the scent. His cold broad back in the authority uniform was scary even for an adult like me. With his deadpan back facing me, I feared for what he might do next.
"No one would help you.....not even the police."
I sat up gradually, coughing immensely. Blood fell from my mouth to the well polished wood floor when I coughed. My lungs were heavy and my chest was plunged with pain. Filled with rage, my body bathed with anger yet my heart in terror, I caught a glimpse on the screw driver at arm's reach underneath the gray sofa. I watched Ashton closely as I tried to gain hold of the screw driver.
"I didn't mean do hurt you... I swear...I loved you but you broke me Fel.
Do you know how it felt seeing you with another man. The fury is unbearable....i could kill anyone even you." He ranted still refusing to glance at me.
"But I love you..you believe me right?" He bent towards me, making eye contact. My weak hand felt the cold metal tool. My eyes examined his build, looking for the best spot to stab him.
"You love me right?" He asked spuriously. His brown eyes widened, his skin flushed.
"I don't know what it's means to live anymore Ashton....you have killed me already," I gritted my teeth.
Gathering some energy, I launched the screw driver at his left shoulder. Slighting dodging the honed tool, it tore through his uniform down his flesh at the same time.
"SHIT !!"  He held the wound.
His pupils became dilated, his eyeballs soared red.
"Old whore".
I knew that my legs could not balance my body weight with my reinjured ankle. I decided to crawl away from Ashton before he charged at me.
"Where do you think you are going?" He kicked my stomach causing me to gasp in discomfort.
"I gave you a chance...remember Felicia Simmons".
My robe loosened revealing my scanty pajamas. Ashton raked my figure as his body language changed. He unbuckle his belt. Sliding the belt out his pants, he folded them, swinging it in the air.
He lashed the whip on my thighs. I watched my bare skin burn as I   protected my head. Giving up the belt, he pulled me up to my feet.
"Let's have fun down the basement." He said forcely pulling me along. I wrestled with him as he tightened his  grip on my hair.
"Stop.....pleaseee", I pleaded. All the strenght I had was drained.  Stumbling my way down the basement stairway, Ashton flung me  down the remaining narrow stairs. The image of the other night came to mind as I collapsed to the cold ground. Breathing unsteady, I gave up, my sore body dwindled on the dusty basement floor. I cried for help  internally. I usually challenged and resisted the idea of help but right here on the basement floor i prayed something more divine save me. I didn't want this to be my last fight before death. Laying lifeless on the old wood floor, I accepted the idea of death but not without a fight. I want to die knowing that I bring down Ashton with me. Ashton unzipped his pants, pulling out his manhood he excreted on my face. The hot wet liquid splattered across my face down my neck. I closed my eyes tightly, turning my face away.
"You are a lifeless body now".
He gave me his last words leaving me on the frigid floor in the middle of the day with only his pee to show for it.
"I guess this is why soundproof homes are expensive".

Thank you for reading.
Thank you for your support and love.
Please share, vote and comment.
- N.Y POET