Come To The Dark Side (Student/Teacher)

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ Author's Note ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

ATTENTION:

Okay readers! I have never written a student/teacher romance book before so bear with me. If you've written one before, I'd love some tips and advice! This is kind of different from my usual stories, but I think the plot is interesting. 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ Prologue: Teacher Say What? ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

The human world isn’t much different than Heaven or Hell. All three places look the same but Heaven has strict rules that are to keep not only the deceased, but the angels as well, on the right path. Not everyone in Heaven, despite what humans believe, is an angel. You only become an angel after you’ve spent countless years in Heaven submitting to God.

Hell has laws too but they are different than Heaven. Instead of the laws being there to attain bliss, they are to teach the residents discipline. If you maintain good behavior, you can become a demon. A demon is like Hell’s version of an angel. Demon’s are like teachers in a school for disobedient and errant students. Once you’ve become a demon, you have finished serving your sentence for whatever reason you were sent to Hell.

A month ago, the Queen of Angels sent me into the human world to watch over it and give the people guidance. I discovered that the teenagers were the ones committing sinful acts and so I made the decision to help then by going into high school myself.

I glance in the mirror and scrutinize my attire. I’m wearing short white shorts, a white lace blouse beneath an unbuttoned chocolate knit sweater, a pair of dusky rose thigh-high socks, and slim brown lace-up boots that come right under my knees.

Heading into the bathroom of my one-bedroom apartment, I brush my hip-length white hair and put on my wing necklace that rests just between my collarbones. I glance in the full-length mirror at my appearance and a sixteen-year-old girl with periwinkle blue eyes stares back at me.

Over the past few weeks I’ve gotten use to going to high school again. Yes, I did say ‘again’. But I’ll get more into that later on. I think of myself standing in the back of Renaissance High School and close my eyes. When I reopen them, I’m where I imagined myself to be. A perk of being an angel.

I saunter down the crowded and noisy hallway, heading to first period English, when I see Candice Pike sashay over towards me, her chestnut brown hair dancing in the current of the wind. Candice is my best friend in the human world and we have nearly every class together.

“Angelina, did you hear?” she asks, her eyes wide with excitement.

I tilt my head to the side and give her a puzzled look. “Hear what?”

She gasps and gapes at me for a minute before continuing. “I can’t believe you haven’t heard about it yet,” she tells me.

I roll my eyes. Humans. They can never get right to the point, can they? “Candice, calm down and tell me what haven’t I heard about.”

“Well, I heard that some guy is going to be replacing Mrs. Moore and rumor is that he’s young and incredibly hot. The youngest teacher here is a freshman teacher and she’s twenty-nine, so this is big news.”

I frown slightly. Mrs. Moore was a nice and virtuous woman and a good English teacher. The warning bell rings and Candice squeals. Candice and I both have English next and I’m curious to find out more about this new teacher, but not in the same way as she is.

We walk into the room and sit in our assigned seats. I’m in the front row while, sadly, Candice is in the second to back row. Just as the final bell chimes, a man walks in, appearing to be twenty or something. He has short and black spiky hair, mischievous charcoal eyes, and a chiseled square jaw. He’s wearing a pair of nice black jeans, a white button down work shirt, a skinny red tie, and black combat boots. An interesting attire for a teacher.

But I can see something that everyone else can’t. I can see the striking black feather wings that he bares on his back. Demon alert!

“Okay, so I’m the new English teacher, obviously. My name is Damon Night but you are to address me as Mr. Night,” he says, facing the white-board instead of the class.

As he turns back around, I raise my hand. He notices me and freezes automatically. He knows I’m an angel because like him, I have wings that are invisible to the human eye only mine are white. Shocker, huh?

Damon clears his throat and yes, “Yes, Miss…?” he trails off, not knowing my name.

“Angelina Cross.” Everyone in Hell and Heaven knows who I am. “I was just wondering where you are from?”

He smirks and says, “Down there, of course.” He points to the floor. Hell.

“You mean South America?” a random student asks. Damon chuckles and I hold back a snicker

 Damon smirks, chuckling. "Sure, let's go with that."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞ Author's Note ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Please comment! Fans are welcomed too!

ADVICE ABOUT STUDENT/TEACHER ROMANCES PLEASE!