Betrayal: Witchcraft and Honor

Prologue

*Lucas’s P.O.V.:*

I watched as Veramisa was drawing the blood moon and the forest scenery around us. She drew all but the moon in charcoal, she took out some paint from a small vase she had carried with her. Her brush strokes always looked so perfect, but not even close as she was. I’ve been watching over her without her knowing for fifteen years now.

She brushed her long waist length black hair behind her ears. Her glimmering green eyes taking a final glance at the blood moon and comparing it to her art. She sighed.

“It doesn’t look right.” She mumbled aloud to herself. Her eyes on the verge of tears. “Why isn’t it as beautiful as your art work mother?”

I walked a little closer but was still concealed by the forest brush. I did not want her to be in such pain but I couldn’t ease her pain. At least…not yet. Lord Blake gave me an order. I can’t take her until she is of age to make the change. This is when my lord shall have gotten his strength back to fight this war. For now I shall have to settle with watching from the sidelines.

“Lady Veramisa, are you alright?”

I growled quietly. It’s that damn Britain nobleman Lionel Anderson. He didn’t want her for true love. He wanted her as his trophy wife, just to show her off. He plays her mind too easily. I won’t let him take her off the lands of Ireland.

“I’m fine.” Veramisa wiped her tears off and smiled. Such a fake smile.

“Then let us leave this place, come along.”  Lionel took her hand and led her away. Veramisa left her painting but took her charcoal. Once I was sure they had left and there was a safe distance in between us, I ventured out in the open. I was still wary since I’m in the heart of the south’s territory. I took a closer look at her art, it was an amazing piece.  I heard footsteps coming towards. I turned and glared waiting for the oncoming threat.

I sighed when I saw it was only my trusted warrior Smith.

“Announce your presence next time to me, Smith.” I frowned. He bowed.

“Sorry, milord. The time has come to leave.”  I sighed.

Since I am the public figure for the north, I couldn’t afford much time to come and watch Veramisa. This is the last I shall do it till when I plan to take her for good and rule all of Ireland. That of course is after I kill Veramisa’s half brother, Kyle O’Brien. She will forgive me, I’m sure of it.

I looked back over at Veramisa art work. I snapped my fingers at Smith.

“Carry that back with us. It is going into my private study when we return.”

Smith picked up the piece and left. I took a last look at the castle where my Veramisa stays. I clenched my fists and left.