Chapter Two

Chapter Two - Someone New

I kept pressuring myself to run breathlessly, I felt like I had run cross country 10 times over. I had my head to the ground, the narrow cement pathway the only thing in sight. I started to feel woozy as my legs began to weaken and ache. My head was beginning to feel light and I felt like I was going to vomit. That’s when I knew I couldn't hold myself anymore; my legs gave in from support and I collapsed.

I woke up a little confused and clueless as to where I was, why there were cars passing right in front of my eyes. I moved my hands along my bed, to feel a rough concrete ground, who put me here why was I on a pathway?

"She woke up!" Someone yelled shocked.

I pulled myself on all fours until pain strained on my right knee and left forearm. 

"Ahh" I squealed hurt.

I forced myself to stay up. My ribs were sore and aching, probably from sleeping on the rough concrete for so long, seemed so anyways, there was dim sun light. I checked what was causing the pain on my forearm and spotted a slight cut about 2 inches long, crossing diagonally on the inside of my forearm towards the middle, with the black-red dry blood stained under the cut reaching all the way to my hand, I couldn't see if it had got any further.  I noticed a blood hand faintly printed, wrapping around my forearm.

I then remembered the image of last night, memories flashing through my mind...That wasn't just a nightmare. I dropped my vision down to the ground and gasped for breath, my heart was hammering against my chest causing the whole top half of my body to beat in the rhythm. I struggled myself up but I couldn't keep my stance. I glanced to my right and there were three strangers looking at me with wide eyes, shooting me with questions all pounding on my dizzy head. 

I have to continue running away, they might get to me! I sprinted off without any second thought, but I could barely run anymore, I was limping too much and I was exhausted. All I wanted to do was go back to my bed and fall asleep forever. 

After about flat out of approximately 15 minutes of half running, I reached a street market, there were all different kind of stores including clothes, jewellery, utilities, etc. This place didn't look familiar at all, how long had I been running for ever since last night? 

Everyone was giving me weird looks, probably because I was half naked, or maybe the cuts on me. I continued to stroll through the street sheepishly; I kind of felt more safe being around a crowd. 

Suddenly a tall boy stood in front of me he was about 6 Foot, he had dark brown straight hair, and seemed toned. I took a few steps back astonished, what'd he want from me?

"Hi" he said nervously.

"Hi..." I replied but the sound barely came out, almost mouthing it.

"Hi" he repeated, slightly grinning. 

"Hi?" I questioned but the sound coming out this time.

"Hi” he chirped.

"Are you just going to say hi? Or is there anything else you wanted to add?" I asked a little confused as to why he kept repeating 'Hi'

"Hi- Oh umm...” He said sounding a little sheepish, rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked at him curiously, and shook my head expectantly. He started looking me down and I felt embarrassed and revealed.

"I like your clothes" He said smiling. Was that a British accent?

"Yeah I think I look amazing in my pjs and covered in cuts too" I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.