Chapter 1: Welcome to my Lifeless Life

My life so far had always been boring. Everything was basically routine.

Peter's dad beeped the car horn signaling that Peter should hurry.

"See ya', man," Peter said as he patted my back. "What school are you going to next year? Peter and I are planning to go to South Park High. Bigger school and all."

"I've got no idea. I kinda of wanted to stay here so I can complete my high school years in one high school and South is kid of overpopulated unlike here at West Meadows but I guess I'll try for South, too."

"Cool", Peter grinned. "Well, see ya' tomorrow."

"There's no school tomorrow, idiot. Tomorrow is Saturday. Tomorrow is Summer Break..."

"Right," he said after he stuck his tongue out. "Ya' still got my number, right?"

"How can I lose it?"

"I lost yours. Well, call me when something awesome happens."

I rolled my eyes in yearn. "As if," I sighed.

"Come on, man! You gotta get out more! Get a life!"

"Ouch. Whatever. I'm sure you can't buy a life."

"I know you're rich and all but you just can't buy everything with money," Peter said. I was pretty astounded he said that. Not every day Peter spouts some good advice or whatever. It's usually just ridiculous nonsense.

"Rich? Uh, no. Look who's talking."

A car horn pierced right through our conversation.

"Cheese Whiz! Sorry, man. A dad's waiting for his slowpoke son. So I guess I'll talk to you next year. Unless, of course, you have something mind blowing to say."

"Get out of here!"

Peter cackled gleefully.

I watched him run to a red minivan. He shot on the shotgun seat and threw his bag behind him. With his window still open, I heard his kid sister, Carrie start a fuss. Peter fastened his seatbelts and he closed his windows. The car started and he glanced at me for a second.

He suddenly looked back at me and gleamed. He furiously waved his hands and rolled his windows open.

"Do something cool with your life!" he commanded

"I'll try!"

"Will you really?" he yelled.

"Maybe!"

He laughed loudly. "I'm serious, man!"

"I know!"

"Have a super summer!"

I nodded. "Bye, weirdo!"

"See you tomorrow!"

Then his dad said something like, "Why don't I stop so you can go give your boyfriend a hug?" I didn't really hear him but I blushed. I don't know why but I totally took me a long 5 seconds before I was aware that he meant that sarcastically. I hoped my face didn't look a bit pink. Am I gay????

"Well, bye, August!"

I was tempted to say "See you in class, tomorrow."

"Yeah", I said instead. Pretty boring, right? Yuh, like me. "Bye Mr. Jacobs." Soon, I was bussing home like usual.

I wondered what I should do that's cool and worth telling Peter. I wasn't really sure about something worth telling since Peter Jacobs always does something great for vacation. Last year, he went to his private beach. I heard that once, he went snowboarding with his cousins... Like where the fudge do you go snowboarding during summer?? Somewhere expensive of course. Somewhere Peter could afford to do.