Home

"Hey, what's your name?" The lady asked me once again, as I had fallen out of my shocked and stunned daze, and peered out my side window. Wondering nervously for awhile what happened to Michael, where he was, and what awful things he was doing to Noah at the moment. I tried letting my mind lure off of the last thought, as I tried focusing on only getting help, and then I could worry about them finding him. And so at the moment, I tried not letting myself care away, looking back towards the women whose car I had gotten into.

  "I.....I just need the police. I need to see them," I only muttered my words, as the women looked over towards me, confused yet worried, and then she peered over towards the road once again.

  "What happened? Why do you need the police? Is something wrong? Is that why you were running out of the woods?" She asked quick and big questions, ones I didn't want to answer to a stranger, while I looked back out towards my window. Was this what it was going to be like now? Having people ask question after question? I was fine with the police doing that, that is their job after all. But strangers, and other people, random people asking questions all the time? Like where I have been and what has happened to me for all these years? What things I went through, with Noah by my side? The things I did to pass time, the growing I had to do in a dark, dingy pit with no windows, no natural light. Only lanterns that lit up our way. A musty, dirty, dust covered bunker, with no way out what so ever? I didn't want anyone to hear about that place, only the police. I didn't want anyone's pity, or their sad and sorrow looks. Looks and expressions they would face towards myself, only hearing what I had been through, and what it was like. No. I didn't want anyone's pity, I didn't care about anything at the moment. I only want Noah to be ok, and I want to get him out of that bunker. Away from him. I want him safe. I want him back home.

The only thought on my mind at the moment was Noah, with the regret running through me. Regret that I didn't take him with me. That I left him down in that pit. It was my fault whatever was happening to him now. I did that.

The women I could tell looked back and forth between myself and the road, wishing I would say something most likely, and wishing she knew more. "What happened? Where have you been? Have you been in those woods for long? Were you lost in them?" The women driving asked another thing, knowing myself what she meant as I could tell she noticed how filthy and dirty I looked. Not wanting to say that of course, but I could bet no one would not be able to notice how I looked. With my shoe-less feet, walking barefoot as I entered the road earlier, with my dirt covered sweatpants from the bunker and the grass I had fallen on earlier, with my green flannel looking like I had worn it for years, never taking it off. Which wasn't a complete lie. My hair, the blonde looking almost a tint of brown with the dirt, along with my face that had darkened along with more dirt. Dirt dirt dirt. That's all the bunker consisted of, for the ground at least.

"You'll know what happened soon. You'll hear it everywhere in town," I spoke up once again, not facing her at all and remained blankly staring out the window. It was true though, she would find out soon enough. Along with the rest of the town. Everyone. And I wasn't too sure if I was ready for that, however I had no choice, for if I wanted Noah to be found, I would have to tell the cops everything. Like I said, this wasn't just about me. It was about the both of us.

  The car drove down the dark highway on that night, on a day of the week, on a date I didn't even know. I had lost count years ago, and had no clue for years whether it was night or day. The only light we had were from our battery filled lanterns, as we had five down there with us. Not even any light coming from the opening of the doorway to the bunker, unless it was open of course. However it only opened about once a day, sometimes longer. When only he was there, coming to see us. I hated those days most, those moments, as I knew what was coming when he came down. As a kid I expected it more, however as we got older it didn't continue as much, for we had become too old for him. It still happened though, but not on every visit down. I was thankful for that, my breath not clamming up when he got near me, and my body not flinching when he touched. I didn't have to clam up or flinch anymore, for it didn't happen as often. Relieving me, taking some of the pain away, however the shame that went with the pain didn't go away, as it was only more powerful from the thoughts and memories of it. And I knew Noah was the same way. Felt the same way.