Chapter 5

A/N: I think this is the last chapter I'm going to put up on wattpad, just let me know if you want to read more. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Lyna. Lyna, wake up. You need to lock the door.” I felt the stability under my head shift, and realized that I was sleeping. I slowly brought my head up and turned to face the boy. I had fallen asleep. I don’t even remember being tired, let alone putting my head on his shoulder and sleeping.

“What time is it?” I asked, still groggy.

“12:30.” He said, realizing the confused and shocked expression on my face, he continued. “You were really tired. But I have to go now, and I didn’t want to leave you alone here with the doors unlocked.”

Everything was finally starting to set in. It was 12:30 and he only needed to be here until 11:00. I had fallen asleep on his shoulder. I didn’t even know I was tired. But I remember a little bit of it now. How I couldn’t resist. How he looked over at me, as if giving me the option to trust him on an entirely different level. How I looked back at him and smiled, a smile so genuine it was almost like a laugh, a laugh that had been on my lips since the afternoon. How I gently scooted over and put my head on his shoulder, hesitantly. But he was so stable, so steady.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked, even though I didn’t want to know the answer.

“I don’t remember.” He said. That was bad; it must have been long if he didn’t remember. Then I wondered why he stayed until now, when he could’ve left at 11:00. Why he waited until the very last minute to wake me up.

He started to walk towards the door and I walked after him, although hesitantly. To be honest, I didn’t want him to leave. “So, I’ll see you…”

“Tomorrow.” I finish for him. But I don’t.

___________________________________________________________________________________

I ended up waiting an hour for him, but he never came to pick me up. It got me worrying, but I didn’t do anything about it. He could be ditching, or simply have a cough. I shouldn’t pay attention to it.

In science, I looked towards the seat where Noah would be sitting. He would come back tomorrow, I remembered. I tried to distract myself from thinking of him, or the boy, or anything in fact. But, no matter how much I loved science, I couldn’t bring myself to attempt to understand the swift words coming out of my teacher’s mouth.

I walked to Essential Skills with Simone and Jane, but it was horrible. Suddenly, I felt ashamed for wishing for a different partner when Simone was stuck with someone so… annoying. The boy always knew when to be quiet; he knew his limits and he never pushed them, but her… she was an entire different story altogether.

“Could you shut up for one minute?” I said, suddenly angry.

“Um no.”

I suddenly wanted to walk alone, so I gave Simone an apologetic look, before stomping off ahead of them, counting the tiles on my way.

Why did his attendance affect my mental state? I don’t even know why, but I was completely aggravated. I wanted him to be here so I could count the tiles on the floor as he walked beside me. Maybe he could whisper in my ear trying to sound impressive when I know how badly he sucks at the whole cool act.

How long have I known him? Not even a full week. I think I’m going insane.

My legs carried me to Essential Skills, and to my desk. “Where is he?” Ms. Golicci asked immediately, “You’re supposed to go everywhere with him. Please tell me he’s not walking to class alone.” She said, both desperate and sarcastically insane. I couldn’t help but chuckle at her reaction.