Witches

Witches have existed since the dawn of humanity. They are humans born with the extraordinary ability to feel and channel the magical energy that surrounds them. In ancient times, these users of magic have been seen as leaders and healers,  even worshipped by cults as Gods. However, as the ages past and humanity evolved, magic eventually became feared; and those practicing were persecuted. However, in the modern day, magic has almost been completely forgotten by human society and viewed as fantasy by most.

Heritage

The ability to perform magic is hereditary, meaning that only those with the blood of Witches and Warlocks are able to practice it.

Covens

Witches gather in covens for various reasons. Often it is to find companionship and understanding of people similar to them, and to be able to share and discuss one's magic with others in a free and open manner. Additionally,  can gather in covens to increase their strength, as witches are able to cast more powerful magic when channeling each other.

Covens can be structured in several ways. Often it is a close circle of friends, though it can also be strictly to perform magic without sharing a relationship. Covens are a community  of witches , if a witch is  misunderstood or unable to express herself elsewhere she will join a open coven. Additionally, a family of witches related by blood can also operate as a coven.

Physical Traits

Aside from their ability to channel and practice magic, Witches are ordinary humans. This makes them as vulnerable to weaknesses possessed by all humans such as diseases and bodily harm. Due to their ability to channel magic, Witches possess a particularly strong Aura, which is directly tied to their magical potential and the power they possess.

Witches  may use magic to extend their lifespan, but are ultimately mortal and will succumb to aging and death, though this process may be stalled to a certain extend. Through the use of magic, they are able to maintain a youthful appearance long past their prime.

Exhaustion: Performing magic puts strain on Witches to the point where channeling too much magic can weaken or hurt them physically.

Mental Weaknesses

Fear: In order to channel magic and preform spells Witches need to be in control and have a properly education in the field.  When experiencing fear to a certain extent, Witches  may become unable to perform magic, leaving them vulnerable.