1

September-you could never forget about September. No, not the month-god I hated the month. But the person, the person September. She is so awesome. I can't even begin to explain. She is probably the most down to earth but also super super glamorous girl I know. She was September. This is the story of us. 

        You see, she's dating my best friend. Well, he's my fake best friend. I hate him with a passion because Septembe-she's suppose to be with me. I hate seeing them together. I like seeing September. You get it?

        September has dark brown hair, to her ribs. She has big bright blue eyes, they're amazing. She wears glasses sometimes. She's extremely smart, and extremely popular. But she's not the kind of popular that only hangs out with hot people, she's like the most well-known person in our school-because she knows everyone. And I'm not over-exaggerating. My ninth grade sister would always talk about how when she got to highschool, she was going to be like September. But no one could be like September, she was so well-rounded, so outgoing, and so introverted at the same time that she' s probably an angel that God secretly created. 

        "Hey Asher," she smiled at me. I was standing at my locker, getting my books.

        "Hey," I smiled back. She wasn't with Chase, my best friend, so it was easy to talk to her normally.

        "Guess what?" she said. "I got tickets to go see the Shins next weekend. I know Chase is totally uninterested in going to this concert, so he said to give it away. So I was wondering if you wanted to go?"

        "Fuck yes!" I yelled excitedly at her.

        "Yay! I'm so excited. I heard Birds of Tokyo are opening for them. It's going to be a great show," she clapped her hands. 

        "Yeah, I bet. Do you and Chase actually have anything in common, like what do you guys even talk about?" I asked, tentatively.

        Just then, Chase swooped in and hugged  September from behind. 

        "Hey Ash, how's life?" Chase asked me, still holding her.

        "I better get to class," I nodded my head and began walking.

        "Hey dude, we need to hang out soon!" Chase shouted at me. I flipped him off and he laughed.

        The thing with Chase is that he always gets what he wants. He got September, he got the better looks, he got the better grades. It's been like that since sixth grade. He was a typical "hot" boy that you would think about. He had blond hair, and he was tan, and muscular. I was scrawny, and tall, with dark, shaggy brown hair, and I had to wear glasses sometimes. I was not what girls wanted, I guess.

        Do you understand how hard that is? No one here cares about personality, it's based on looks. Here in San Francisco, there are a lot of tourists, which also means lots of girls. Yeah, there are some that I've talked to, but it will never work out because almost everyone in the city is FUCKING TOURISTS. They move, they don't stay in one place. It's hell here. Honestly, I hate the city life. It sucked. No one ever stays, at least not in San Francisco. So many people wanting to visit, yet I'm here stuck in it.

        So this is how my life goes. Everyone else is happy but me. I sound extremely selfish, but it's true. I am not doing well. I suck at everything. Everything I do is let out on music. I play the piano and the guitar. Also the drums. That's what I spent most of my time doing.

        Sometimes I would see September in the nearby coffee shop downtown. On Friday after school, I saw her there. She was alone, reading a book. She also had a brown, spiral notebook next to her. She waved me over.