Chapter One

- Demi and Joe have been dating for years. They'd just graduated high school and Joe's parents decided to invite Demi on a trip to their cabin in Washington. [the day before the trip] Joe pulls up to Demi's house in his red vintage mustang. He got the car with his own money when he was 16. The night he got he it he immediately took Demi out on a date and they drove around all night. It was when he first told her he loved her. Since that night he's said it every night. Even if she fell asleep early he'd leave her a voicemail just to tell her how much he cared for her. He walked up to her door and knocked on it. She opened the door and they immediately hugged each other. "I'm so excited, joe! You have no idea." he picked her up and spun her around. She cupped his face and kissed him. "I can't wait, baby." he said as he put her down. "did you pack yet?" he continued. "yes." she said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him toward the couch. "so what are we gonna do when we get there?" she said as she played with the buttons on his lumberjack looking flannel. He always wore them with a v-neck underneath. "well," he stroked her cheek with his thumb "we can go to the beaches, go shopping in Seattle, or just hang out at the cabin. But we can do whatever you want to, babe." he smiled and started kissing her neck. She giggled at the touch of his soft lips on her skin. Suddenly her dad was standing right over them and joe stopped. "what's wro- oh hi dad." Demi said as she sat up. "hi sweetheart. I just wanted to check with joe and make sure he has all our information to contact us." he said. Demi giggled. "yes daddy, you had me text him it, remember?" she showed her dad the text. "Alright, I was just checking. I don't want anything to happen to you sweetie." he said as he gave her a look of concern. "I'll be fine dad. I'll have Joe with me all the time."