To Be A Geisha

The year is 1646 in Edo, Japan. Where current day Tokyo city is. Oichi Gozen was making tea. Once completed she set the two cups on the tray, kneeled infront of the door, sat the tray down and slid the door open. She then picked up the tray and crossed the thresh hold. Once on the other side of the door she kneeled, sat the tray down, and closed the door. She stood up with the tray in her hands and walked over to her father and his guest. She kneeled down once more as she sat the cups infront of the gentlemen. She stood up with the empty tray, bowed before the two, then left having to repeat the same steps to get back into the next room.

"Now then." The guest said.

"I'm sorry but I do not have the money, please just give me some more time." The man begged. "My wife is dead and I have to support Oichi all by myself. Please just a little more time." He begged once more.

"Well then I suppose I could taken the burden off your hands. Your daughter can work at my brothel untill the debt is paid off." The man said.

"No please. I can't do this to her again." The man said. "I just need a little more time."

"I have given you all the time needed. It's your choice, either your daughter works off the debt or your death will." The man said standing up.

"Very well. Can't I at least give you what I have now and she works off the rest?" He asked.

"That's not how it works. You should know that by now." He replied. "Now are you going to hand her over or do I have to take her?" He asked.

"Oichi." Her father called.

"Yes father?" She asked after she completed the process of coming though the door.

"You are going to have to go with this man for a little while." He said.

"Yes father." She said.

"Let's go little lady." He said pulling on her.

++++++

Once back at the brothel he threw her in a room. "Now," He said dropping his clothes. ",I'm going to test you out before we put you on the floor." He said. She took a deep breath and dropped her blue kimono to the floor. She was used to it by now, this was the third time her father's gambling debts got her stuck in this man's brothel.