Chapt 4. Friends

Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to InFAMOUS: Second Son, all rights are reserved to Sucker Punch

Chapter 4. Friends

A bell-like sound emits from the Latte Owl's door, as you and Delsin step in, indicating the employees that they had new costumers. You took a spot on a small table big enough for two as Delsin walks to the counter and orders coffee for the two of you.

'Please don't be awkward. Please don't be awkward. Please don't be awkward.'

Those were the only words going around in your head, playing over and over and over again. Part of you only came for the coffee Delsin offered to buy you. However, even though you don't want to admit it, the other part of you wanted to come to really talk with Delsin again. To actually just catch up.

"Thanks," Delsin says as he pays the cashier for the two coffees and walks over to where you are sitting and takes the seat across from you. "Here's your coffee, just the way you like it," he says with a smile.

"Ah you remembered, thank you," you kindly thank him and give him a small smile.

"Don't mention it..... So how've you been?"

"I-uh I've been good. It's really nice being back in Seattle y'know lots of interesting sights, great coffee shops, lots of memories," you say as you stare at the ground for mere seconds as the memories of you and Delsin start flooding back to you. You really missed Delsin over the course of a few months but it was going to take a lot more than a cup of coffee to get you to admit that to anyone. Forcing yourself to break from your musing, you return your gaze back to Delsin to ask him how he was doing. Only to find him starring at you, stuck in his own reverie.

"Delsin?" you wave your hand in front of his face.

"Oh sorry," he says as he releases a small laugh and looks down realizing he just got caught starring at you. This is gonna be a tough one to come back from.

"Is my face that interesting to you or is it a starring contest you want?" You ask with an amused smirk placed upon your lips.

He laughs one last time before responding. "I actually miss this. It's just great to see you again, (Name). Honestly I didn't know when you were gonna come back or if you ever were gonna come back. And as for that starring contest, you're on. Just tell me when and where," he challenges as he sits up and folds his arms on the table making himself more comfortable.

"Okay I'll hold you up on that," you laugh. "And you know my dad works for the D.U.P it's not really like I had any other choice. You know how he is," you say as you sip on your coffee and roll your eyes.

"Yeah, I actually do ," Delsin pauses to take a sip from his coffee remembering the night he had met your father for the very first time before continuing. "So how is it that Isabel managed to convince him to let you come back and stay with her?"

"They made a deal. My dad didn't and still doesn't think I'm mature enough or in any way ready to be on my own so, long story short, Isabel promised him she'd teach me about responsibilities and everything else about being an adult but if it doesn't work out then I'd have to go back with my parents. "

Just thinking about going back with your parents made you want to rip your hair out. You loved your parents and always will but you knew it was time for you to leave the nest and be on your own. Everybody except for your father thought you were ready and mature enough to be on your own. Your mother was no where near as strict as your father was. She was more soft but you didn't take advantage of that. You were just glad to always have at least one of your parents on your side.