Prologue

A boy with bright blue hair stood on the basketball court of Teiko Kōkō’s gym holding a basketball tight in his hands. ‘That’s not how we used to play,’ the boy thought holding the ball tighter and glaring at it.

Taking a glance at the basket, only four and a half meters away, he chucked the ball and stared at it as it bounced away.

“Tetsu?” A voice called. Looking up Kuroko Tetsuya saw Aomine Daiki holding the ball that had rolled to his feet.

“Aomine-kun.” Kuroko stated. The two stared at each other. Kuroko waited for Aomine to say something. He could almost see the gears turning away in his team mates head.

Aomine didn’t know what to make of what he’d witnessed. ‘Tetsu glared at the ball? Why?’

“Tetsu,” the darker haired bluette started, ”why did you throw  the ball?”

Not wanting to answer, Kuroko walked towards the bench and grabbed his bag. He turned to his teammate and said, “Ja ne”, before leaving the gymnasium.

 _______________________________

Momoi Satsuki stood before Aomine Daiki not believing what he’d told her only moments ago.

‘That can’t be. Tetsu-kun couldn’t have. Not only did he glare at the ball to his favorite game and throw it away! But he dodged Aomine-kun’s question!’ The pinkette thought in utter disbelief.

“Tetsu’s missed practice for almost a week and I haven’t seen him at the park’s court.” Aomine continued as he leaned his chair onto the back two legs.

“But why? Why would he miss practice? Did something happen that we don’t know about?” Momoi asked, her face filled with confusion.

“I don’t know Satsuki. Maybe he doesn’t want to play anymore.” Aomine said. He hopped his statement wasn’t true.

Aomine watched as Momoi’s face filled with concern and worry. ‘Tetsu-kun… What’s going on? Is something wrong? Did we do something wrong?’