Chapter 1 - The Princess

"And up and Grand Plié, all the way to the ground." My mid-aged ballet teacher ordered in a posh, polite manner with the piano playing in the background. "Back up and  arms up high. Port de bras forward And back up." Her high pitched voice filled the air waves making it echo of the cream colored walls.

"And point. And second. And plié" I glanced at the clock, quarter to two. Fifteen minutes to go. " Pilé and up, and into the middle" I shuffle into the middle of the hall getting ready into the starting position.

"Okay, let's continue our Arabesques. Ready? And 1st Arabesque, into 2nd Arabesque, and 3rd Arabesque, and arabesque croisée. And down" I followed her moves elegantly as we move in one spot. "Good, now promenade en arabesque, into arabesque penché, and we'll finish with révérece" She instructed looking at me as I mirrored her movements.

"Okay, same time, same place tomorrow" Her shiny pearly whites came out from her upper lip forming a smile.

"See you then" I smiled back making my way out of the ballet hall. Ever since I was 3, I have been learning ballet and I have hated it. I didn't really have a choice if I wanted to do ballet because 'every princess knows ballet' and my mother won't let me forget it, literately. Every time I bring up ballet, the famous words come floating out of her mouth.

A sigh of relief managed to creep out as I trudged up the huge staircase to see Mary, one of our maids, walking the other way. Saying my hello's, I gave her a fake, but kind, smile before continuing my long journey to my suite. My suite didn't describe me at all. It was classy, elegant. Not the words you would describe me as. I opened my door reveling the same old view of my sitting area.

"FINALLY!" I yelled as I jumped onto my bed "Oh, bed. I've missed you so much"

Prince, the family cat, decided to jump on my bed and knead me like I was a piece dough. His claws dug into the back of my thigh as I lay peacefully on my bed.

"Prince, if you want to knead something, take a trip to the kitchen. I'm sure Luigi will have some dough for you to knead. Anyway, this is my bed not yours! Get on your own bed" I picked him up and placed him on the floor. He looked at me with big green eye's. "I'm sorry Prince but them eye's don't work with me"

I closed my eye's hoping to drift to sleep. A loud know startled me from my slumber.

"Come in!" I shouted forcing myself off the bed

"Miss,I have brought your Jodhpurs you requested for today"

"Ah, yes. Thank you Marie" I replied straightening out the covers on my bed. I heard the door shut quietly behind me.

My mother and father are the king and queen of Genovia, somewhere in the middle of Europe, meaning i'm Penelope Elizabeth Matilda Anne Montgomery, princess of Genovia. But, I don't act like one.

I don't stick out my little pinky when I drink. I don't walk elegantly. I don't sit with one foot under the other. I don't like wearing dresses. I climb trees. I listen to music that my mother disapproves of. I talk with my mouth full sometimes.

Yep, not the princess you would expect me to be.

Swiftly changing my direction, I walked into the bathroom, turning the shower on medium power. I took off my ballet leotard and ballet pumps along with my white tights before stepping into the shower. The power jets hit my skin, cleaning off all the bacteria that laid on top.  After smothering my hair in shampoo and my body with my favourite coconut shower gel, I stepped out of the shower trying not to slip.

Sighing, I wrapped a towel tightly around my body, tucking it in at the top. The soft, fluffy material tenderly kissing my skin. I walked out of the bathroom putting my ballet suit in my wooden basket before strolling into my walk-in wardrobe. It was literally a shopping center full of dresses and tiara's.

Dresses and tiara's are not me

I hate myself in a dress. I only wear them because of my mother, again. If she saw me in something other than a dress, my ballet outfit or my horse riding suit, she would probably ground me from going outside my room and seeing my friends, or chop my head off. It depends on what mood she's in when she see's me.

I dropped my towel on the floor and put on some white underwear and a matching bra before wearing a light blue skater dress. Not even bothering to put anything on my feet, I skipped out of my wardrobe and grabbed my hair dryer before plugging it in and sitting down at my dressing table. The table is oak wood with a matching chair, perfectly matching the sofa that were placed in the center of the room. My thumb pressed onto the switch and the dryer came to life. Electricity ran through it's wires as I wiggled it around my hair making the water evaporate into the fresh air. The noise echoed off the walls as they danced elegantly with the air waves.

Soon my hair was dry and my soft blonde curls stood out. I picked up my brush, dragging it through my hair getting out the knots that had been caused by the warm, fast air until it was knot-free. I clipped back two strands of hair back from each side before standing up and checking one last time in the mirror.

God I looked like my mother

I made my way down the staircase when i was suddenly dragged to the side, pulling me down by a tanned arm

"What the-"

"Shhh" I was interrupted by a finger covering my lips. Beside me, sat Scarlett. My slightly annoying cousin who is always sticking her nose in other peoples business. Next to he was my brother, Alexander, Alex for short. I gave him a small smile that he quickly returned. "Look, down there" My attention suddenly turned to Scarlett as she pointed down below. My eyes followed her finger and landed on two people, standing at the door way. My mother and someone else I have never seen before. He had long, blonde hair with a tint of brown. His eyes were big, yet the colour was unknown. He was well built. You could just trace out his abs from under his suit. Let me just say, he was every girls dream. "Isn't he gorgeous?" Just then, I realized that I was staring at him with big eyes, admiring his features. I look back at Scarlett who was holding her head in her hands.

"Yeah, well, I better be going. Sandy will be waiting for me." I mutter while getting up on my feet and strolling back to my suite.

--------

My eyes fluttered open as the morning light began to seep through the holes in the stable doors. I sat up instantly regretting it as I fell to the ground with a big thud. It took me a while to figure out where I was before reopening my eyes. Sandy stared down at me with an emotionless face as usual.

"Morning" I yawned before stretching like a cat. She didn't even reply, not even a sign of noise. She just stood up and walked away from me. Have I got morning breath?

"I see you slept with the horses last night" A deep male voice chucked. I ran my finger through my hair getting out all the hay that was tangled in it. I groaned as I heaved myself up from the ground.

"Um, yeah. I guess so" I giggle nervously.

"I'm Edward, Edward Miles" That's when I saw the colour of his eyes.

Olive green

------

I know nothing about ballet so I'm sorry if I got anything wrong:/

It's been a while, I know :(