The Path of Alice (Preview)

With her eyes open, the girl found herself into a new place, a new world perhaps. It was no longer the smell of leaves and forest breeze that welcomes her nose but a familiar scent of home. But it was nothing like her home. It was a stranger to her.

The moment she took a step forward there was a tap on the floor. Then, she realized that she already wore baby blue heels on her feet which made contact to the black and white tile. She also noticed the lace by the end of her light blue dress that falls from the front to the back of her legs. It was a blue cotton that hugs her body and laces around her shoulder to keep it from falling to her feet. It felt light and soft in her skin though she never know when she got the chance to wear the dress.

Curious as she was, she started moving her feet around the room with dirty white walls with etched flour-de-Lou on each columns attached to the wall. Fine edges where carved around the large circular columns on every 10 meters of distance from each other. The room is indeed square as well as the black and the white glossy floor tiles. The place gave her a familiar feeling. It’s like she have seen this before.

With the sudden urge, she turned her head behind her, and her soft black hair flips to her back as she did that one swift movement. Her sight was met with a large painting hanging on the dirty white wall between two larger columns than the rest.

“Alice in wonderland.”  She mumbled to herself in realization. Of course, it is quite not like this but in a way, it is. The black and white checkered-style tiles and the dirty white walls along with the circular columns, all in all gave off an old London style mansion, the one she often sees in old British movies.

But how did I get here? Moreover, what am I doing here?

These are just few of the confused questions she had lingering in her mind. Hoping to get some answers, she turned towards the double black door with elegance carved in the sides and frames of it. The tapping of her heels on the tiles echoes in the hollow space of the room. She twisted the door open and found herself a corridor once she step out her two feet from the door. It was a long corridor leading to yet another door with much mysteries behind it.

It terrifies her and at the same time amazes her. She never knew what’s coming ahead of this–she wouldn’t call it little- adventure of hers but it excites her to find herself in a fantasy she never have even imagine before.

Well then, there’s no point standing around here. I wouldn’t be able to let myself out if that’s the case.

She inwardly tell herself. Of course, there’s no point in speaking it out loud as no one is really around to hear her scold herself. Well, not until she started walking and a thick shadow appeared out of nowhere and snap! A guy appeared in front of her.

His infamous smirk, his grey messy hairstyle, his lightly tanned skin, his full lips and his eyes that bear mysteries within, made it clear that the guy in front of her is no other than Kim Jongin. His formal attire of black tuxedo gave him a compliment of a man’s appeal and it is ever the dashing side of him.

“Jongin.” Her lips was drew into a line and how she ever want to embrace the guy for having a familiar presence with her. But something stopped her from doing a little celebration.

“I’ll get you out of here.” He said as he took her hand and started to lead her fast into the corridor.

The end of her dress flowing like it is dancing with the air, her hair bouncing elegantly in her shoulder, she doesn’t have a single clue as to why they are, practically, running.

“Jongin, why are we running??” she can’t help but ask the question bothering her.

“I have to get you out of here or else..” he trailed off which adds more riddle in her incomprehensible experience.

“..Or else?”

The question was left hanging as he opened the door and enormous light welcomed the two of them making them both squint having the instinct of covering their two precious eyes with the back of their hands.

Once the light was no longer a harm, the both of them took the opportunity to identify the place they are now at. But what caught their attention, is the guy on the top of the double staircase in the middle of the ballroom hall.

Sudden tension rise after the damsel felt the heavy gaze that JongIn and the other guy is having. Even from a distance, she felt that the two males are hostiles to each other and with that her heart starts to beat heavy as she dread of the things that can happen momentarily.

“You can’t take her away from me.” The other guy said. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she watched the other guy float in the air from the top of the staircase down to the same black and white tiles of the wide ballroom hall.

Jongin protectively pulls the perplexed young lady behind him, ready to block what this stranger’s possible harm to her. “You’re getting nowhere near her.” Even his words felt like they were also defending her from this newfound threat he sees. “Besides, I bet she doesn’t even remember you..”

“Really?” the other guy smirks. The features of his beautiful face finally starts to clear to her sight after he took a few steps forward towards them, as they were on the front of the door, a little too far from him. “I wouldn’t worry about that.” he said with a smug grin. Every step nearer, she felt a familiar feeling inside her that seemed already registered within her for a long time.

It was just when he got at least a 10-meter distance from them that it finally made sense to her who he was. He shifts his gaze to her lovingly, then continued “After all, we belong to each other.” And with that......something clicked inside her head.....

“Luhan.....”

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________

Author's Corner:

  As much as I really want to finish this 1st Dream, I can't. Especially when I got to wake up early in the morning for work. Thank you very much for the people patiently waiting for me to update my stories. I am going to do it little by little, as much as I can in as much time as I have. Anyway, how do you think of this story? It is not a series though, it is in a way, but it's different. It will have different places, different scenarios and different skies. Now, which one is the true sky?

Leave a thought about the story and I'll be more than happy to accept it ^^

Yoto Kozuka