chapter one

Chapter one

Unknown’s pov.

“LAND AHEAD!” James called from up in the crow’s nest. Grabbing my telescope from its holder I undid it, making its length longer by about 30cm, to look ahead of us. To see that in fact we had reached land. We had been sailing for a month. And we were extremely low on supplies. All that we had left now was a bottle of rum. And that was mine anyway.

“ALAS MEN! WE HAVE REACHED OUR DESTINATION!’ I yelled out to my crew who yelped and cheered in joy, realising we could get more rum and food, and possibly ladies for the night. But I was here on a mission, one that did not involve the fine cuisine of rum and women. But rather a hefty pay in gold.

My crew where still cheering and I realized we were slowing down just a tad and my anger spiked a lot. I want to get this mission done and out of here before any problems arise. But I knew we’d have to be ported for a while. “BACK TO WORK YOU SCROUNGY RATS!” I yelled at them, satisfied as they all scurried away to do their jobs.

Deekotias Pov

“Is this what my father has requested for me to wear?” I asked in disbelief to my maid who had given me a dress which just barely passed my knees, but had a corset with a V line at the bottom of it. It was a sky blue, but the corset lace was black.

“Yes M’lady, he requested that you wear a dress, much like this one you’re holding, for the rest of the month. Until your debutant ball that is.” She said as she began to undo the back of my night gown.

I was used to this by now. I'm 15 years old, 16 in 3 and a half weeks, having people dress me all my life, although I did dress myself from time to time, is was highly frowned upon that the Dutches daughter refuse help as she is supposed to be lady like. This included being dressed. I hated it though.

“Arshella I don’t even want to attend my debutant. I don’t understand why it’s so important.” I huffed to the Old Russian maid behind me.

“Oh darling, such a young mind. You have to attend your own debutant. You’re nearly of age. Your father needs the dutches daughter to be shown to the town, for all of those young men who are just turned of age as well my young child.” She said, while pulling on the corset strings to tighten the corset, sucking my waist in to emphasize how small my waist is and to larger my chest area. That’s one thing I hated about these damn dresses.

“Well” huff “I understand that but,” huff “I don’t want to show myself.” Huff “to all those ‘young men’” I huffed for the last time making air quotations around the words young men as Arshella finally finished doing up my corset dress.

She gave a small chuckle as she walked over to my shoes, pulling out a pair of black ballet pumps. “It’s been a tradition since many, many decades ago. The young females in the town who become of age have their debutant’s but you my dear, yours is a major celebration. Consisting of the whole town coming to celebrate your birthday. As they say in some other countries.” She explained giving another chuckle before heading to my big white and gold lined double door.

“Arshella?” I asked quietly just as she had pushed down the door handles. She turned around smiling warmly at me as I nervously bit my lip. “Did you um…ever have a debutant?” I asked nervously.

She laughed lightly before nodding softly and then leaving. I sighed and walked out to my 3rd floor balcony, resting my palms on the smooth stone railing and looking out over the court yard. I could see my father’s guards all over the place. Dressed in their blue and white uniforms. I never saw my father much; since my mother died he's always been busy with work or something else.

If I was to attend my debutant ball, I wish that only one man will wish to court me. I stared out into the court yard. Well, I starred at one person. One young man. Who, if my information is still correct, is still un-married and available. He is also, my best friend. He had short, spikey pure blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes, much like me. Except my hair was pit black. A complete opposite to his, but hay. Opposites attract right? I giggled quietly into my head then went back into my room and out my bedroom doors, making my way through the lonely an pale hallways and down the semi-spiral staircase and out to the court yard.

I made my way over to where Xavier was posted silently. Slowly creeping towards his un-expected back. “You know, Dee, I'm trained to protect you. I'm pretty sure I heard you from your giggle on your balcony until now.” He said, turning around to give me a dashing smile, showing all his white and straight teeth. I blushed a bit but tried to hide it with a scowl. I know it’s not very attractive but I can be who I want around zaive and not be judge for it.

“Well, I was merely testing how well you paid attention.” I said holding my head up high and confident trying to hide the fact that he caught me.

He gave out a loud and sweet laugh as he made his way to hug me; I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him back. He was taller than me, being three years older than me, but he still gave the best hugs. “Whatever helps you sleep at night…” he trailed off then smirked. “M’lady.” He added at the end and I pushed him off me.

“Well you zaive are sure one to know how to ruin a good moment aren’t you?” I asked and poked my tongue out at him and we both ended up laughing together.

“By the way Dee, you look beautiful in that dress.” He said and I froze, then looked up to him through my lashes and saw he had a little red to his cheeks as did I.

“Oh, thank you zaive.” I said and smiled at him. He smiled back and nodded his head as a ‘you’re welcome’ before standing back into his guard position, letting me know someone of importance was walking up to me, or past me.

"Ahh Deekotia. Your looking rather, tartish today." a voice that i have hated since i was able to talk.

It was Stacey James. My sworn enemy. She was always trying to take Xavier away from me. Even though I know he isn’t mine.

“well, you see Stacey, I’m nearly of age, and father has gotten me this dress to wear in preparation for my debutant. Because I will no longer be a child. With such childless behaviour like yours.” I said back with a smug expression as her face turned red from embarrassment. She huffed then, childishly, stomped away.

“that was uncalled for Deekotia.” I hear Xavier say from behind me. Turning swiftly I see that his face is hidden by his hand, obviously making it out to be as he is blocking the sun.

“your siding with Stacey James now?” I asked in disbelief.

“well, yes. What you said was uncalled for, and mean to think of it.” He said, bringing his hand down and looking at me. His eyes void of emotion. Curse father for teaching him the ways of a guard.

“well,” I said straightening my back, puffing up my chest and dusting off non-existent dust off my dress. “I shall see to it that it doesn’t happen again, in the meantime, good day Mr. Manuel.” And with that I curtsied and walked back towards my house, leaving Xavier standing there confused, whilst I went to practise my piano.

“wait! Dee!” Xavier called out after me but I ignored him and continued forward. I felt the slight start of tears touch my eyes but being strong and not letting Stacey win, I sucked in a deep breath and placed a fake smile upon my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well, theres all of this story for now, im sure ill have more soon by yeah, this is all i have, ive been working on like 4 stories i think so yeah.  bye now.

love lots

vote.fan.comment