Chapter 1: Listen to me

Gina

“HOOOOONNNNNEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY! I’M HOOOME!” the shrill obnoxious voices echoed through the house as I heard the front door crash open. I sighed and headed for the landing, which overlooked the front door.

I stand against the railing and look down at five lads. I can’t help but laugh when I see them.

“What on earth did you all do?!” I exclaim, giggling.

“Ummm…” They look at me guiltily. Now, I’m a little worried. They were covered in mud from head to toe. At first I was amused, but given the expressions on their faces I’m starting to get worried.

“Lads…” I say warningly.

“Calm down, mum. Don’t get your knickers in a twist. It wasn’t that bad.” Louis tells me: mockingly calling me mum.

“Then what is it?”

“It’s nothing, babe.” Harry tells me calmly as I walk down the stairs to stand in front of them. He moves as if to give me a hug.

“Oh, no.” I say giggling. “There is no way I am hugging you when you’re that filthy. I am not ruining my outfit.”

He scoffs at me. “You’re wearing sweats.” He protests.

“And I don’t know where you’ve been.” I add, smugly.

“Aw, come on babe. It’s just a little mud.” He says grinning wickedly and advancing towards me, arms spread wide.

“Oh no. No. No. No.” I say, backing away from him and up the stairs. The lads laugh as they watch the ensuing spectacle.

“Harold Edward Styles. Don’t. You. Dare-

“Gotcha!” He cried victoriously as he scooped me up.

“Haaaaaarrrrryyyyyyyyy!” I squeal as he spins me around. “Look what you’ve done! I’m all muddy.” I scolded.

“Sorry, love. But you look lovely.” He says innocently.

‘Yeah, yeah. Shower. Now.” I say sternly. “And then you can clean up all the mud you children brought into my house.” I tell my boyfriend gleefully.

Your house?!” He protests.

“Who’s the one paying the bills?” I ask.

“The five of us.” He retorts. I open my mouth and then close it again when I realize he’s right, partially.

“Well, I pay part of the bills, so it is also my house. Go clean.” I say, shoving him in the direction of the shower.

“Sure, babe.” He says giving me a muddy kiss on the cheek and then walking off.

“Bastard.” I mutter under my breath.

“You love me anyway!”

I rolled my eyes. How did he even hear that? I turn to the stare down the rest of the world-famous boy-band, One Direction.

“Okay, so does anyone care to explain why you all felt the need to track liters of mud into my nice, clean, beautiful home?” I ask, raising an eyebrow. This effectively stopped the giggles they’d been giving me.

“Well, it wasn’t intentional…” Louis starts.

“It never is.” I cut him off with a sigh. “Fast forward to what I actually want to know.”

“We were playing football in the field across the street.” He says in a small voice.

“In a thunderstorm?” I ask incredulously.