Rash Decisions

Connor drove Annalee back home, only to find a disaster.

Annalee's POV:

It happened in flashes.

***

"JC! Oh my god, JC!" I ran towards the house. He was on the ground, in the doorway.

***

We were confused. Shocked. Scared. Connor called the police. I cried, years covering my face, dripping onto JC's cold face."No no no no no.." I forced out.

***

"Excuse me miss, I must get to him immediately." A man covered in white shoved me to the side. "Why..."

***

The lights faded. "Miss, could you please come with us? We want to ensure your safety." Arms picked me up. We moved. Everything went black.

***

...

"..."

"Miss?"

My eyes flew open once more. "Stay calm!" a voice steadied me. "Rest, you have a busy day ahead of you." I rubbed my eyes.

"What.." I begun to ask. It all came back to me like a flood. I pressed my palms against my forehead and fell to the ground, knees clanking in the process. The man ran to my aid.

"I understand that you're in shock, but we need you're help right now." A man dressed in all black grabbed my arm and picked me up. "Let's go." He dragged me through halls, each empty, and colorless.

I overheard voices. "You knew what the outcome would be yet you continued your experiment! A young man was almost killed!" I gasped. The man directed me towards a room, and tossed me in.

"Annalee. It is certainly wonderful to see you once more." I stopped breathing. That voice. I didn't move. "I can see you aren't excited to see me." I stared at the wall. "Reply, now." Fear struck through me. I said nothing. "Very well then, have it your way. You see, you are different. I told you thy you were. That's why we let you go." My breath was jagged, sharp.

"What?" I spat at the man through the mirror. He chuckled.

"You are my special experiment. We can't have ordinary people treat you like that now can we?" he moved to the other side of the room. "You see, we couldn't have the possibility of you losing a precious gift to a thief, now could we?"

I stood up. "Let me go." I demanded.

"I will let you leave, but you will never be allowed out of my grip." he smiled, his face hidden. "Be aware of that."

***

I rushed to JC's side. "Oh my god are you ok!?" tears pooled in my eyes. JC wrapped fingers around my hand. Smiling, I kissed his hand. "I'm so relieved." I sighed, feeling all the weight lift off of me.

"Annalee... You aren't safe here." JC mumbled. I whipped my head around. I cocked my eyebrow and JC continued. "Go with Kian and Connor when they get here, and don't look back."

I inched towards JC. "Wha..." I began, but he shushed me. "No, I want to stay with you until you recover. And find the bastard who did it!" I growled. JC flashed a smile followed by a groan of pain.

"You aren't... safe here anymore, please.." he started but was interrupted by a nurse.

"Excuse me, miss, I need you to come with me." she smiled, her brown bangs say softly on her head. JC frowned.

"Can I tell you one thing real fast?" He closed his eyes as he finished. I rushed over and leaned by his mouth.

He whispered, "As soon as you get out, say you need to use the restroom, and call Kian from there, okay?" I hugged JC gently and kissed his forehead.

"This way." the nurse smiled.