A Lesson in Etiquette (Male Minotaur x GN Reader)

You'd matched with Brian on the OkCryptid app, despite him also being human, and after chatting for a couple of weeks, you'd both agreed to meet at a local hybrid Italian/steakhouse place. It was nice choice for a first date; not too expensive, but the food was good and atmosphere was comfortable.

"Brian?" You asked as you walked up. He was tall and lean, with salt and pepper hair and stubble, greyish eyes, and a tan line on his neck where a necklace might have once sat. He wore a nice suit and an expensive watch. He was already seated when you arrived and he didn't stand when he shook your hand, as he had already ordered a drink and an appetizer.

"Yep, that's me," He said with a grin. "You're my date?" You nodded. "Nice to meet you finally. Please sit." He gestured at the chair on the opposite side of him.

"Thanks," you said, taking your seat. "I love this place, I'm glad you suggested it."

"Yeah, it's decent," He said. "The service leaves a lot to be desired sometimes, but the food's nice."

You smiled, but his comment niggled the back of your mind.

"So you work in bonds?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's not a glamorous job, but it's good money," You replied. "You?"

"I'm in real estate," he replied. "House flipping. You can sink a lot of money into it, but it nets way more than you put into it if you do it right. It's a lot of work, though."

"I bet," You said.

The waitress walked up just then with a glass and sat it in front of Brian, which you assumed was his refill. "Here you are, sir." She then turned to you and said, "Hi, I'm Amanda, I'll be your server. Can I get you a drink?"

"Yes, sweet tea, please," You replied.

"I'll be right back with that," She said as she picked up Brian's empty glass. You thanked her.

Brian picked up his glass, frowning, and called the waitress back.

"Hey, come back here," He said.

Amanda was back at the table in a flash. "Is there something wrong?"

"Yeah, this glass is filthy," Brian said, his voice condescending, holding the glass delicately by the rim with his thumb and middle finger. "Do you not have eyes? Did you not see the glass was dirty? This is disgraceful, I want to talk to your manager."

You squinted and a saw a small smudge on the side of his glass that could have just been a fingerprint.

"I'm so sorry, sir, I'll get you a fresh glass and call the manager over for you right away," Amanda said, her cheeks flushing. She swiftly took the glass and shuffled off.

You stared at Brian in disbelief. "What the hell was that?"

"I know, right?" Brian said snidely. "I told you the service was shit here."

"No, I mean you," You clarified. "Why did you do that? You didn't have to be rude to her; it's not her fault the glass was dirty."

He scoffed. "Yeah, it is. It's her job to make sure I don't get dirty dishes, calm down," Brian said dismissively.

"No," You said, feeling your face, chest, and shoulders start to grow out hot out of annoyance. "It's the dishwasher's job to make sure you don't get dirty dishes. And the waitress didn't make your drink, either; the bartender did. Her job was to ferry the drink from the bar to the table, which she did. You might have even smudged it yourself! It could have been the grease from your cheese fries, for all I know. Despite the fact that you're mad at the wrong person, you didn't have to be an ass either way."