O N E

Kaiya

Girl's night out. Three words that normally mean letting loose, letting your hair down, but in this case; it meant to go clubbing and look out for the hottest guy known to man. My friends didn't have relationships and neither did I, it was more or less to look for their next potential sex bender. I didn't want any part of that. I wasn't into one night stands with random people, you never know when you may end up pregnant on accident.

Both of my friends got super moody when they haven't gotten any in a few days – mostly the weekends. It's like their drug, they became addicted pretty easily and I couldn't keep up with their demands. I only go out on their night out because they need "moral support" and help picking guys, I would rather be at home cuddled up with a blanket watching the next instalment of Riverdale.

"Kaiyaaa! You have to let loose, girl, you're super tense," I heard Larissa say beside me as she sipped her second alcoholic drink, the music booming around us. The club wasn't packed with heaps of people; but I didn't feel comfortable in what I was wearing. A short, tight black dress that only reached the top of my knees with high heels half the size of my pinkie finger in length.

I sighed gently, not wanting to say much to her since normally when she's half-cut, she never remembers anything in the morning. There were a few guys grinding on girls on the dancefloor, but I didn't really have any interest at all being here. "I didn't really want to be here in the first place, I think I'll stick to my water."

Larissa groaned as she continuously sipped her drink. "You're such a Debbie downer, what's wrong with you?"

What was wrong with me? I didn't really feel like partying in the first place; normally I get dragged here and told to drink or I'll be stick here most of the night. But tonight, I didn't really want to drink at all – not even to combat the consistent thought of not being good enough for anyone. Mostly because most of my past relationships I was cheated on for "not being good enough".

"The usual, Larissa. But you have fun now, won't you?" I said as I drank the rest of my water and grabbed my purse, tucking it under my arm as I left her there. I didn't really want to deal with drunk Larissa, she seems to be a handful this time. Walking out of the club and onto the cold street wasn't the greatest plan I've had. My jacket was a thin, long sleeved button up, but it was freezing out.

I walked down the street for a bit, not wanting to go home to my roommate and best friend, Olivia. She didn't really go out much – more or less because she didn't have many friends. She had been with me throughout my school period and she broke up with her boyfriend and needed a place to crash. That was over six months ago and she's now paying half the rent in the flat. It wasn't a great flat, but it was fine none-the-less.

I shivered as I walked down the streets, on my way home from the disastrous night out with Larissa and Siobhan. I didn't see where Siobhan had gone but I presume it was with someone to their hotel room because she seemed to leave pretty quickly. The cold air was nibbling at my exposed skin, the wind making it worse. I was only a few feet from my flat, making my way up to the door was the hardest task in this cold.

It was probably the worst idea to walk home alone, but I took that risk.

I unlocked the door and heard the television going, knowing that Olivia was probably watching her favorite television sitcom. My teeth started chattering, my feet moving towards the kitchen to make me a hot drink to warm up. I took off my heels and threw them towards the door, hearing the noise of them dropping made me sigh contently. "So how was your night out with twiddle dee and twiddle dumb?"

I didn't need to even turn around to know Olivia was probably sitting at the breakfast bar, her head leaning on her hand as her elbow was propped up. That's how she normally sat when I came home from a night out, since they seemed to be happening more often than not. "Standard, Siobhan must have got someone to sleep with her, I didn't see her before I left. Larissa on the other hand, probably the same. She was almost drunk on her second drink."