chapter thirty-five ▬▬▬ a soulless monster

━━━━━ ELLIE AND ASTRID followed behind Alice as she led them to the building where the Volturi were located

      ━━━━━ ELLIE AND ASTRID followed behind Alice as she led them to the building where the Volturi were located. Opening the door Alice pushed through walking inside as Ellie followed behind her, as Astrid looked around the crowd following behind Ellie.

"Come on, guys. It's a festival. You wouldn't want to make a scene." Alice said, taking her glasses off. Astrid stood close to Ellie as the two of them came to a stop next to Bella.

"We wouldn't." The tall vampire spoke.

Ellie looked past the two red eyed vampires as another vampire walked down the hall. Removing her hood to reveal blonde hair.

"Enough." The short blonde vampire spoke softly but loud enough to be heard.

"Jane." Ellie heard Edward speak looking down at the ground. Ellie was pulled closer to Astrid as she suddenly became more protective of the human.

"Aro sent me to send what was taking so long." Jane said as she looked between the two vampires.

Turning around she walked away from the group. Edward moved forward as Bella followed behind looking over at Alice.

"Just do as she says." Alice informed them, looking at Bella then back at the brunettes.

Ellie nodded in response as she and Astrid followed behind them. They walked down the rest of the hallway passing by some lighted area as the vampires shined in the light. Jane comes to a stop at the stairs turning to face the group. "Go ahead." She told them.

Edward and Bella walked down the steps as Jane followed behind them, Alice stood next to Ellie as Astrid stood behind her keeping an eye on the two vampires behind them. Coming to a stop, doors open to reveal an elevator.

The tall one moves first, walking into the elevator. Ellie follows behind, standing close to Jane but behind her as the elevator continues to go down. The box comes to a stop, watching the doors slowly open then they begin to exit the elevator walking past a woman who stands up and speaks something in Italian.

Ellie looked around as Astrid kept close, still getting ready to attack in case something was to happen to her. They came upon a door, Ellie watched as Jane opened it and continued to walk towards the Volturi.

Ellie walked next to Astrid as they came down a long corridor that led to the Volturi. She felt her anxiety build up inside her as Jane pushed through the doors, everyone else following behind her.

"Sister. They send you to get one and you bring back two. And a half, and a protector." The red eyed vampire spoke.

Ellie looked over at Astrid, "how do they know what you are?" Ellie asked her in a whispering voice.

Astrid turned her head looking at Ellie, "every vampire, no matter where they come from, whether they're good or bad, they know about me." She informed the human looking back at Aro.