- deux -

I can't even feel my legs as I run as fast as I can to the coffeehouse I now work in.
Unfortunately, I don't live as close to it as Luke said when he recommended this job but it was still better than nothing. My last job (as a waitress) had too much memories of Dan, especially since I worked with him (he was a waiter). Great, so much for trying to forget about him. Faye came over last night to cheer me up and offered for me to move in with her. But then Luke charged in with drinks which caused us to stay up trying new drinks his uncle mixed up. And I, of all people, would definitely not decline the offer of free drinks.

I see the familiar building and sigh in relief. I hate running. Luke on the other hand does daily jogs and sometimes drags me with him. I roll up my sleeves and enter, letting the cold hair hit me. A few minutes into the shift, I already got bored so I sketched on a notebook and then decided to write some nonesense;

pros about my life:

- a not-so-bad job

- great friends

- luke

- i'm over dan

- good college

cons about my life:

- dan

- not a productive person

- i hope dan loses his dick

- lazy

- bored of this list already

- i miss dan

The Cons seem to outweigh the Pros which makes me feel so much better about myself. I hear the sound of a bell ringing and look up ready to finally see a customer but I saw Dan. Shit, I must be hallucinating or something. Is that possible? Was hallucination a side-effect of breakups? I've been broken up with three times for God's sake. I definitely wouldn't be surprised. "The hell are you doing here?"

"You burned my clothes."

"Oh, whoops." I say sarcastically.

"Why would you do that?"

"Why would you break up with me after two years?" I retort.

"We're still at this again?"

"Yes we are at this again, It's only been a week, how the fuck do you expect me to get over it in a damn week?"

"I don't."

"Yeah, okay. Are you here to order or leave?"

"I want to talk."

"Well, too bad. You had your chance. Again, order or leave."

"Where is your manager?" Dan asks.

"What, you're going to tell on me now?"

"No, it's just you're not supposed to treat customers rudely."

I will slap that shitface really hard if he doesn't shut up. "Yeah, well. Customers that aren't low dickheads."

Dan gives me a disappointing look and leaves the coffeehouse, making me sigh in relief. That asshole really pisses me off, no matter how much I loved him.

After my shift, I slung my bag and head over home. In the middle of the way, I stop. I don't want to go home. I definitely don't. I decide to head to Luke's flat. He shared it with Michael who was barely there, spending most of his time at his girlfriend's house. I unlock the door to their apartment room with a key Luke gave me a year ago. I walk inside and hear crashing. I walk to the kitchen, the source of the sound and stiffle a laugh seeing Luke attempt to make noodles.