Chapter 2:Unlikely Crossings

Randy's POV

"Te amo mamá por favor, ven conmigo!" Jacob begged.

"Te quiero para mi hijo, pero yo no soy así." she said in reply sadly.

"No quiero que te vayas, te quiero demasiado!" he said taking out a cigar and ligthing it carefully.

     I cant stand the spanish in this house...well shack. We both live in an abandoned shack along with Jacob's mother and his six year old twin sisters Harmony and Melody. I love them all as if they were my actual family. They took me in, knowing the pain I had to go through. Although Ms.Perez barely speaks English she's still like my mother. But theres one thing about this place that really annoys hell outta me, one thing that's just to unpleasant for me. We live right across the street from the richest neighborhood in miami, Indian Creek Village and it's as if they try to rub it in our faces, with fancy parties every night, their silk dresses and cashmere suits, while i can barely afford a worn down t-shirt.

"I come on one condition" Ms.Perez said with her heavy accent.

"What is it mama" he whined smoke coming from his mouth.

"You no use this" She said taking the cigar out of Jacob's hand putting it in her mouth.

"Mama you"re ill stop..." Jake said getting cut off.

"I come" is all she said which confused me utterly. I looked behind me seeing Melody coloring with the 99 cent crayons I got her for her birthday, it was the only thing i could afford. I went and sat next to her.

"What are you drawing Miss Mel the Great." I have always called her that shes the most curious,adventurous, dangerous child iv'e met in my life.

"A map! I wanna go everywere! Which color should I use for France Randy?"

We looked up at eachother at the same time, she already new my answer.

"Purple" we said in unison. That was our favorite color. I saw the similar face of Harmony walk toward me.

"But Randy I dont wanna go on the ship, they sink you know?"

"Look the chance of the ship sinking are slimmer than Jacob's IQ." She laughed at me.

"I HEARD THAT!" Jacob said and we both started cracking up. You wonder how a six year old even knows what an IQ is, well Harmony is very bright for her age she's in first grade and sometimes uses the vocabulary that you wouldn't see until high school, she is bright but very timid. Always thinks about mom and never wants to get out the house. Always just reading and writing, it was a little of a mistake to buy her books for her birthday at the 99 cent store, she never wants to have fun.

"And you guys betters stop laughing and start running, the ship leaves in five minutes." Jacob said.

Panic ran on all our faces, we all grabbed the few things we had and Jacob carried Ms.Perez knowing she wouldn't run very fast and ran out the wooden front door.

                                                                Rosaline's POV

       I got out the car, finally free from Chres, I ran to my brothers arms, only he knew what Chres does to me. I hugged him so tightly.

"Did he hit you again?" he sighed deeply squeezing me tighter.

"No, i got lucky this time but he was pretty close"  I felt my shoulder get wet and I sighed and discontent knowing he was crying.

"Craig i'll be fine" I said, but he knew I was lying to him and myself.

He pushed me back so his hands were on my shoulders

"No you wont, it's been two years and he hasn't apologize for what he's done once. Listen if he hurts you anymore the bastards gonna die." he said still in tears, but they were more of anger than sadness.

"No, Craig i'll be fine, I promise." I said but I dont know why. I was lying to him and myself. My whole life is a lie. How can I make a promise to him if I don't even trust myself. I was deep in my thoughts when I feel myself going away from Craig, Chres.

"So I was thinking we have dinner with my mom and dad around 12:30, but make sure you don't embarass me this time" He said with a smile going into a frown. "After lunch I have buisness to take care of and you need to go dress fitting" he said. What I wanted to say was 'Bitch, you don't control me' but what I really said was,

"Okay honey" I was about to puke in my mouth, honey? I wish I weren't. We continued walking closer to the ship, when I saw a little girl, crayons in hand running towards us, Well I saw her, Chres didn't notice until she bumped into him falling on her backside.

"Why don't you watch where you're going street rat?" Chres said in disgust. She looked so innocent, just a child. I felt bad but worse when he rose his hand up to strike her small face. I couldn't watch this, so I didn't, I made a huge mistake. I jumped in front of her blocking Chresanto from his aim of her face.

"Chresanto stop she's just a child!" I yelled at him. His face turned red in fury. His eyes were like blades into my skull.

"She might be but you're not" He lifted his fist toward my face and I closed my eyes in fear, when I felt nothing, no strike. I opened my eyes to see a boy with two braids i front of my face restricting Chresanto's fist from my skull.

"You don't hit woman, especially not little girls, go rot in hell." he said. He picked up the little girl and walked away to what I suppose was his family. Chres didnt even take a glance at me the rest of the way. This trip is going to be hell, and all because I got saved by a street rat.

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N I KNOW IT TOOK A WHILE BUIT IT'S HERE, DO YOU LIKE, I REALLY HOPE YOU DO, COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE! (: