The Mission and true criminals

Autumn stood in front of her father's grave.

Say something I'm giving up on you. I'll be the one if you want me to. Anywhere, I would've followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you.

She skimmed through her endless memories of the man. His matted brown hair and his dimpled smile. Autumn even missed the stupid purple and black striped shirt he wore. The hot wind blew the sand around her shoes into the air. A woman approached Autumn, her jeans slightly ripped and her shirt only a green tank top.

And I, am feeling so small, it was over my head, I know nothing at all. And I, will stumble and fall, I'm still learning to love, just starting to crawl. Say something I'm giving up on you.

"Autumn, it's getting late. Let's get home." The woman slowly said to her. She didn't move. The wind picked up drastically, causing her dark brown hair to swirl in the wind. The woman came closer, taking Autumn's hand. "There's nothing you could've done." She assured her. This only made Autumn feel like a knife ran her through.

I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you. Anywhere I would've followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you. And I, will swallow my pride. You're the one that I love, and I'm saying goodbye.

"Yes, I could've done something." She choked. She looked up at the darkening sky, and the birds that slowly flew overhead. "It's a horrible day for rain."

Say something I'm giving up on you. I'm sorry I couldn't get to you. anywhere I would've followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you.

"It's not raining." The woman dumbly stated. She turned to Autumn, seeing streaks of tears falling down her face.

..Say something I'm giving up on you.

"Yes it is." Autumn whispered to the sky, letting her words travel the world. And she hoped that one day, they'd reach her father in heaven.

...Say something.

"I'm gonna go after the real criminal, and clear my father's name." Autumn said finally, turning, and walking away with her head held high. "That's my mission. Then I'm going after the bastard that put my father in that grave." She finished coldly.

She searched throughout Australia. It had only been two days after her father's death, and she had the trust of the whole Sidney police.

"Damn it!!" Autumn threw the papers into the air. It had already been two weeks. She was so close to finding the bastard, but something was missing. Just one variable. She had checked over every little detail, every nook and cranny. Denny Holster is the true criminal that framed Autumn's father. He's always been one step ahead of her, and he's congratulated her countless times on keeping up on her.

"Let's see.... Everything points to him robbing the National Bank tomorrow night when everyone will be crowding the streets, but that's too obvious." Autumn set her thumb to her lips and thought hard. Picking up a few of the papers spewed about, she noticed a pattern. His obvious heist was always two to three blocks from the real heist. It was also a day before thought. Denny also robbed in different, insignificant places to keep them off track of the real pattern.

"Aha!" Autumn exclaimed, waking up her mother in the process. The woman appeared in the doorway in her green tank top and cameo pants.

"Jesus! you scared the living daylights out of me!!" She gasped. Autumn jumped out of her chair and raced to the phone, punching in random numbers and holding the phone to her ear.

"Come on, come on!!....... Hello? Yes! This is detective Autumn. I've figured it out and will be at the station in a matter of minutes. You too Henry." She talked with the man named Henry. She picked up all of the papers and shoved them into a satchel. One letter was left on the ground. It was addressed to Detective Autumn Salazar, and the only return address was the letter,