Starting the journey

Noct's p.o.v.

I woke up by feeling someone shaking me softly. "Nnggh... Stop that.." I said sleepily. "Noct, please wake up. We have to start preparing for the journey." First I thought that it was Ignis talking to me judging by the things that were said but as I opened my eyes Prompto was the one who was at my side. "Oh, Prompto...? What's it with you all of a sudden? You're normally not behaving that responsible." I chuckled lightly while sitting up. "Oh, shut up! Just help me with the preperation now!" With that he stomped out of the tent. I knew that he wasn't really mad at me, though. He was just slightly annoyed.

Even though I didn't consider it to be that urgent I still exited the tent a few minutes later. Right outside I saw Ignis and Gladio already halfway finished with preparing while Prompto had to manage everything alone and hadn't made it very far compared to them. I felt a slight sense of guilt so I went up to him with the intention to help him out.

Yes, I was the prince and future king of Lucis but that didn't mean that everything was done for me. I had to take things into my own hands as well. I knew that it was my duty to do so as a prince but I was simply too lazy to do things like that voluntarily. Well, normally....

"Hey, Prompto! You need help?" I asked while walking up to him casually. He looked up immediately and his slight frown turned into a smile. "Oh, Noct! You're finally here! We still have a lot to prepare for our mission. I need help choosing what to take with us since we only have 2 backpacks which we'll take with us..."

"Huh, let's see... How about we leave these things here so we'll have more space for important stuff, like food. Oh, and it's important for us to take a few potions with us as well. Let's..."

Prompto and I were packing our backpacks for almost 20 minutes until finally being satisfied with the result. Ignis then checked our luggage and approved the choices we'd made.

"Alright, you have permission to set out. Be careful, you two. I don't want anything to happen to you, understood? And call me immediately when you have any troubles, okay?" Ignis sounded a bit worried but I still couldn't see why he'd put us in a group together when it stresses him out that much.

" Alright, we'll do that. Thank you, Ignis. We're off now! " I shouted the last bit so Gladio could hear it as well.

"Be careful!" is what he replied from behind the fireplace.
"Bye, Ignis and Gladio! I'll be watching over Noct, don't worry about us!" Prompto shouted back at them while we were slowly walking away.

"You better will!" Gladio replied.
"Take care you two." Ignis told us one last time before we turned around and started our little journey together.

Prompto's pov

After a few minutes of walking Noct decided that it was finally time for us to ride our chocobos, so he called them with his whistle. They only needed a few seconds to appear, jumping out of a bush right in front of us. Sometimes I wonder how they managed to get to us so quickly after calling them...

Noct's chocobo was named Sherlock and had a light orange teint to his original yellow color. According to Noct he liked the original color of chocobos best so he chose a natural one. My chocobo followed right after Noct's. He got the name Watson to match the name of Noctis' chocobo. I chose a light blue one since blue's my favourite color.

"Let's go. Prompto, ride after me, understood?" Noct told me while climbing onto Sherlock.
"Alright, I trust in you to not get us in danger!" With that said I climbed onto Watson and rode after Noct.