1) Beginnings

Now you might be wondering how I got myself into this weird situation of working for Mr. Asher Hunt, a world known billionaire. I guess we'll start from the beginning of it all.

 My dear mother has been nagging me for the past 6 months to get myself a good paying job instead of trying to pursue a dream that she says will never come true. Since I was little I've always wanted to be an artist. For myself and my father who passed away when I was 5. He taught me the basic techniques and I fell in love. He passed away of brain cancer and I've missed him every day since. My mother on the other hand seems as though she couldn't care less. She quickly got over the death of her husband and was in another relationship before you could even say "I'm sorry for your loss". 

Her new boyfriend at the time was rich and an asshole if you ask me. They aren't together anymore, thank god. But when they were together he was abusive to not only my mom, but me too. He was physically, mentally, and verbally abusive. Once my mom had enough of him and his rich ass she finally kicked him out. 5 years, it took her 5 years to get rid of that arrogant asshole. After him, my mom had plenty of guys over and plenty more failed relationships. By the time I was 14 I had come to the conclusion that I would never get married of fall for a guy. All they do is hurt you. I went to art as my way to cope with all the abusiveness and being ignored by my own mom. I made art for a living. I had to make art and sell it so I could make my own money because god forbid my mom actually take care of me when she has guys to take care of. 

If we're being honest I wasn't too bad at art, especially painting. One of my works was in an art museum while I was in my Sophomore year in high school, it sold for $14,000. Was my mom there to see it or congratulate me? No. But she all of a sudden popped up to take money from me. She told me it was because she was my legal guardian and I was therefore obligated to give her at least half of the money I had gotten. Fast forward a few years and my mom has a new sugar daddy and is trying to get me to get a 'normal' job. One day on my way home from an art intervention with some of my friends to see my most recently sold artworks, I saw a poster that said there was an open spot an and art museum that I had dreamed of my art being at. So I called the number and they said I could come in for an interview. I never told my mom about this. So I went in for the interview. As soon as I walked into the building's double doors I instantly felt out of place. I walked up to the front desk to get my paperwork needed. 

Hi, my name is Sapphire Smith. I'm here for an interview. 

Oh, Hello. Please hold while I get your papers ready. You can take a seat right over there.  The nice lady said as she pointed over to a room with chairs, which I assumed was a waiting room. 

Thank you!

 I said and walked over to take a seat. When I walked in I realized there were already some people in the sitting room. Some were filling out papers, some were reading magazines, some were staring into space, and some were on their phones. I quietly went over to take a seat where there weren't any people. After a few minutes I took out my mini sketchbook and started drawing what I saw around me. After a little bit I heard a little girl say to her mom "Mommy look, she's drawing really goodly". I heard her mom chuckle and looked up just in time to see her moms face when she saw my work. I realized that the mom knew who I was because of her shocked face. She was about to say something when the kind lady from before came in. 

 A/N  

Hi! I'm excited for this to be my first book I've ever written on Wattpad, or in general. I've never written a book or story before, so i'm sorry if this is bad. I don't really have a plan for this story, but I know some parts I want to include. Please be sure to vote and comment! It would mean a lot to me if you left some tips or any suggestions for me!  I hope you liked this first chapter and sorry to leave you on a small cliff hanger.