Oh, to Meet a Ghost

One night I woke to an amazing sight

For before me danced thousands of golden lights

They flashed and shone and moved around

Dancing as if to a mystical sound.

I lay transfixed by this wondrous night

Golden lights weaving a bewitching sight,

An enchanting moment I shared that time

Watching this magic was so sublime

As they moved and weaved around the room

Like hundreds of fire flies drawn to the moon.

The following night from slumber I woke

Floating next to me I sensed a bloke.

No golden lights were dancing around

Just the weirdest feeling was what I found

A scary tingle from top to toe 

Who he was I'll never know.

A ghostly aparition had appeared that night

Giving me such a scary fright

I'd always wanted to meet a ghost

Something of which I'd always boast

I closed my eyes and buried my head

One day I'd be ready, but not quite yet.

I once stayed in a very old hotel in Italy. The room I stayed in was a very large room with a four poster bed. The room was several floors up with curtains at the windows made from a very heavy thick material which did not allow any light in once they were closed. I stayed there for a week and every night I woke up at the same time. Each night seemed to have a culmination of events. One of these nights I woke up to see gold lights moving around the room, as if they were people doing normal day to day things and I was the outsider looking in. I was intrigued having no idea what it was that I was seeing. It was not until I returned to England that I realised I'd been watching 'orbs' a form of spirit energy. Ever since I have been able to see orbs visually, different shapes, size and colour.

The following night, again the same time I woke up. This time I couldn't see the lights, but felt someone standing to my left side. I sensed it was a man. At this point in time I had a conflict of emotion. In the past when I had seen ghosts or spirits it was always sudden and before I was given a chance to decide whether I wanted to interact or not, leaving me feeling scared. I wanted to lose this feeling and not be so scared any more. So I spoke to him (with my eyes closed of course!) saying 'hello' and explained that I had to get up early for what was to be a busy day and that I needed to sleep. Straight away the feeling of someone watching me went, and I was able to fall back to sleep.