1: Acquainted

I needed some fresh air so I decided to go out for a minute. When I did, I saw a guy in the street looking lost. He was facing the opposition direction so he didn't see me. I walked up to him to see if he needed urgent help. "Hey, do you nee-?" My words were cut off by by his scream, like a real scream. "I'm sorry, Mr. Boogeyman! I promise I won't do it again!" he pleaded with his eyes shut in fear.

        I laughed at his stupidity and said, "People don't usually call me that. But I guess that's fine." He opened his eyes and sighed in relief when he saw that I was just a harmless human. Oh this guy was making my day. He put a hand over his chest trying to calm his racing heart. His breathing was ragged from the shock.

        While he was trying to catch his breath, I took the time to judge his appearance. He had brown hair and brown eyes. He stood about six feet tall and had an average physique. I wasn't checking him out. I was just judging his appearance, like I said. It took him a while to recover and when he did, he pointed an accusing finger at me.

        "You scared me," he said like it wasn't obvious enough. He never got the sorry he was probably waiting to hear so he continued talking, "That's okay, I'm a very forgiving person." I nodded trying not to yawn. "Anyway, I'm Seth Price. Add me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter for more information." 

         I got tired trying to hide my lack of interest. After all, I just wanted to help a lost kid. "I think I'm lost." he stated like he just read my mind. No kidding. Finally, he got to the point. "Could you please tell me where Block 5 Lot 1 is?" I looked at the signage just above his head. He followed where my eyes were looking and scratched his head sheepishly.

        Before he even had a chance to say anything, I turned back. He thanked me and asked what my name was. "Audrey." I said but continued walking. I could practically see him cock an eyebrow with my back facing him, "Why do some people need to be asked twice just to get their full name?" I rolled my eyes and said, "Audrey Fields and I have to go." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        It was then three in the afternoon. The incident with Seth happened at 7 in the morning if you're wondering. I was sitting on the step of the front porch, leaning on the pillar. I had my earphones on with Daughter playing. I was singing along with my eyes shut close, "You can still be what you want to.." 

        I stopped singing and opened my lazily opened my eyes at a familiar voice. "Ooou such a pretty voice you got there." Seth said. I shifted so my back was against the pillar and my side was facing him. "Why do you hate me?" he whined. On cue, my mom called out to me, "Audrey!! NCIS is streaming!" I stood up so fast I almost lost my balance.

        He looked amused at my addiction but called out to my retreating frame nonetheless, "Good bye, Audwey!" What? Are we now on nickname basis? I watched the whole marathon and at about seven o'clock, we heard a knock on the door. When I opened it, I saw a couple with their son behind them. Like you expected, the new neighbors' son was Seth.

        He smiled his million-dollar smile which girls probaby dig. I greeted them and let them in. What was happening? I excused myself and went to the kitchen, "What's happening? Who are those people?" Mom placed her hands on her hips, "Audrey! I've been telling you we are having a welcome dinner for the new neighbors!" "You have?" Oh.

        When everyone was settled at the dining table, we said Grace and indulged in the delicious dinner. Mrs. Price was the first to speak up, "Seth just got here this morning and he was an hour late. Says it was due to the heavy traffic." Ha! Heavy traffic my face. I looked at him knowingly and he avoided my eyes, trying to look innocent.

        After dinner, they talked more about boring things like the weather and the conflict in the Middle East. Before I went to bed that night, I decided to log in to Facebook. I shook my head in amusement when I saw Seth's name in the friend requests. Being the nicest person on the planet that I was, I clicked "Not Now".

Author's Note:  You might want to skip the video to 00:50 : D Hi, I'm Nicole by the way. I just felt like writing a story today so I gave it a shot : ) If you're reading this right now, thanks. Have a good day/night. Oh and if you liked it, please consider giving it a vote ; ) Also, constructive criticism is most welcome.