Prickle Fairy

She was beautiful, but deadly. She could make your heart bleed with a single look and with just a touch, she would rip your heart out.

Seto supposed that was why he liked her so much. He sat next to her every day, during three of their classes and lunch. They never spoke to each other unless absolutely necessary, she always kept to herself until you approached her.

She would just glare at you when you spoke to her, as if to say 'I'm too good for you, so kindly fuck off' but she never glared at him.

They didn't speak much but whenever they did, he noticed her face softened and her voice quieted. He would catch her staring at him at the oddest of times with this odd look to her that he couldn't quite explain.

What was even harder to explain was why he liked it so much; why he paid her even a speck of attention or why he bothered with her when he didn't anyone else.

With just a single class, it all changed; the quiet 'let's just mind our own business and get along' relationship they had, changed.

It was just a note, it had landed on his desk from across the room and it had her name across it in bold, serious writing as if someone had worked painstakingly hard to make each symbol perfect.

Seto tapped her on the shoulder before handing it to her with a smirk, knowing that whoever had written it would be publicly shamed.

She stared up at him for a moment, her sharp green eyes clashing with his own blue gaze before she glanced down at the folded piece of paper that now lay in her hand.

Her delicate fingers unfolded it before she roamed her gaze over the letters.

She smiled.

Seto looked on in awe at the magnificence she exuded as she read it and he felt jealousy and anger rage through him; two emotions he had rarely felt before.

Jealous that someone else could make her smile like that, and anger that he hadn't been the one to write the note that made her smile and her eyes shine brightly in happiness.

"Of course Seto, I'd love to."

She hugged him unexpectedly and as he gazed over he shoulder, he could barely make out the words.

'Would you like to go on a date? Friday at 7'

He considered telling her that it wasn't him asking but she was happy and her hugging him, well it made him a bit happier as well.

So he went along with it instead and the jealousy and anger replaced itself with an all new feeling.

He supposed he was the one who made her happy after all; and he enjoyed it all too much.

Friday couldn't come quick enough.

[[[[A/N: If you want to make a request simply send me 2 of these 3 things:

••The card you want me to base the character on: preferably cute-ish but doesn't necessarily have to be. It can be male or female!

••The love interest, or rival, or brother or sister or whatever (must be from the original YuGiOh anime series)

••The plot you want it to go around (love, hate, sibling rivalry, etc)

Post two of these three things in a comment or to me in a private message and I will work on making it happen!]]]