Sincerely, Mindy

December 23rd, 2001

Okay, so my name is Mindy and this is my journal. I felt like it would be so cool to look back at twenty years or so, or I could put this in a time capsule! Then have a future person read this, COOL! Okay, anyway I'm gonna write about my life as a middle schooler. Oh yea, I live in Florida. Okay, so I go to George Wayne Middle School. It's annoying the grades in my school go from 5th to 8th grade. And since I'm in 7th grade all the fifth graders think that they are all that and really they are just the newbie's! Okay so my best friend's names are Kayce, Lilly, Jenna, and Laura. I can't wait till school is out, although, it's still practically the beginning of the year. I really hope that the year goes fast cause then that's the sooner I am until no more school! I can't wait. Okay so I gotta go do my homework uh, night?

Sincerely,

Mindy

June 3rd, 2003

Ugh! So I forgot about this journal completely! I forgot so now it's been like two years. Yea sorry anyway... okay, so now I'm in high school it's so much different but its way better than middle school. I have learned so much about how it really is supposed to be. I will be trying to get a job in a few months I want to be a vet or for starters maybe a cashier. I wish Laura were still here. She got diagnosed with cancer last year. She then died a month ago. Yea everyone has been really nice to me ever since that happened. I have kind of gotten over it. Although I am still really upset it's never going to be the same since she, uh, left. I can't even think now. We would always have fun. We would go to the mall and go everywhere together. OK, I'm gonna go now.

Sincerely,

Mindy

September 17th, 2003

So I am going to write in this every now and then. Anyway, I can't believe this! I love tennis and everything. And, I MADE THE HIGH SCHOOL TENNIS TEAM! I'm like so excited! Oh yea, remember how i said I knew what high school was like? Well, I didn't have a clue. It is way different than what it was like as a freshman! Also, when I was little (In like fourth grade right before middle school) my mom said that my friends from middle school will come and go and that that's just how life works. Well, my mom is a liar! All my friends from middle school are still my friends (even Laura)! Well, nothing big has been going on. Oh wait, my mom is pregnant and is going to have a baby soon the doctors say it's going to be a boy but we all really want a girl. Anyway, besides that i don't have much to tell you so uh, bye?

Sincerely,

Mindy

July 31st, 2004

Again, I still am talking rarely. Anyway, school has gotten harder just to let you know. We are starting to do math that looks kinda like this...

Yea I know but the uh answer is... (20minutes later)

Don't ask me what the squiggle thing is, it just looks cool! Okay, So I guess that I was the one who lied. Lily and Jenny left me and Kayce. We got really mad but we found some other friends anyway. Their names are Julia and Mandy. Which is cool 'cause Mandy's name is really close to Mindy. Okay well, ever since looking at that math problem I'm still amazed how i can even do that... I'm ganna leave. Talk to you in a few months.

Sincerely,

Mindy

November 4th, 2005

Continuing, Okay so I have a boyfriend now and he just asked me to the fall formal. I can't wait. Oh yea his name is James. Anyway, there is this new kid named Tiffany. She is really nice and yet everyone is mean to her. James told me i should go and befriend her but i don't want to risk it. Then, I finally got the guts to do it. I went up to her and was nice and now we are like best friends. I can't believe this. Okay but I'm not one of the people who are picked on I'm kind of on the edge of the popularity and ever since I started being nice to her so is everyone else. I am really glad I did that. Anyway my tennis team has won almost every game. And now I'm also, on the swim team. We even had a team race in the ocean. Okay it's almost four a.m. so I gotta go.

Sincerely,

Mindy

April 29, 2007

FINALLY! I'm in twelfth grade! I am almost in COLLEGE! I can't wait! Okay so I have moved to Tennessee. So now I left all my friends behind. It was really hard cause I found out one week then was gone the next. I still like tennis but I'm starting to like soccer too. But I really need to focus on my school work. James is still my boyfriend and he hasn't left me yet although i have Kayce and Tiffany check on him and make sure he isn't cheating on me. But I love it in Tennessee. Well I think it's time to end my little journal. Although I'm sorry I didn't write in it that much I at least made an effort. And it's pretty cool that I kept this all those years and this is still in good shape! Well I love this and I might draw a picture or something but I think that I am going to put it in the time capsule that we are doing for the senior memoir. I defiantly going to have my children (If I ever have any) Make a journal then I and even they can look back at their childhood and hear some good things about their past.

Sincerely,

Mindy