Beneath the Crowd - 15

Hello, I am back!!! I'm sorry for taking so long but I quickly wrote the up before I go to my friends house. I'm graduating this year and holy shit my summer has been hectic looking for universities and shit, so yeah, sorry for being like 2 years late. I only have 2 classes this year which gives me lots of time to work on this story and TLOF if you read that also, WHICH YOU TOTALLY SHOULD OKAY! But yeah, thanks for sticking around if you're still reading this!!! (DEDICATED to Ebay369 for reminding me this story still exists and motivating me to do this chapter because honestly didn't think anyone liked/read this anymore, so thanks ilsm!!! <3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Geez, what was that all about?” Victoria whispers over to me as we slowly wander down the hall

         “That kid is unusually quiet, I’m surprised you got a few words out of him.” Danny added in.

         “Yeah exactly, that was really weird, do you know him or something?” Victoria interrogates, “what did he say? Did he threaten you or something?”

         “Huh? What, no, I don’t know,” I shake my head, lost in my thoughts.

         “Are you okay, Shadow?” Victoria asks, her voice filled with concern which makes Danny roll his eyes and snaps his hand out of hers.

         “Yeah I’m fine; I’m just a little tired.” I say and give a clumsy half smile. How could Jack do this to me? I can’t help but think, hurt from the betrayal of my closest, well only friend at the time. I mean, come on I’ve known the dude for 4 years, why didn’t he strike then?

         “Are you sure, do you want to go somewhere and talk about what he said?” Victoria continues to ask.

         “No, shut the fuck up for a minute, I’m trying to think!” I snap at her, and suddenly stop in my tracks.

         “O-oh, sorry,” she says softly, her words drowned in hurt. I quickly glance up at her and her eyes glisten with unfallen tears.

         “What the fuck dude?” Danny yells and swings his arm at me. I quickly dodge his punch and instinctively swing my arm back hitting his square in the nose. He stumbles back, eyes wide and quickly covers his nose, blood seeping through his fingers like a leaking tap.

Thump thump. My heart beats hard.

Thumpthump. My heart beats faster.

My eyes widen and room spins. I cover my mouth at the sight of his blood, my fangs pricking my finger, the pain distracting me from my blood lust.

         “Oh my god! Danny are you okay?” Victoria runs to him.

         “Yeah, just a little nose bleed,” he shakes his head and looks at me. Fuck.

         “Shadow, I can’t believe you did that!” Victoria yells at me then looks back at Danny, moving his hand to look at his wound.

         “What’s wrong, Shadow, not scared of a little blood are you?” Danny laughs, flicking his fingers toward me, little drops of blood flying towards me.

         “N-no, not at all.” I shake my head and look around, “look, I’m really sorry, I’m a little on edge today.” I apologize to Victoria.

         “You think?” She snaps back, “look what you did to my Danny!” She whimpers as she rips off her blazer and uses the sleeve to wipe up the blood around his face.

         “I’m sorry,” my voice falls, and she notices and responds with a small, “it’s okay, I’m sorry too, he hit you first anyway.”

         “That’s because he yelled at you, Babe, don’t apologize for something he deserves!” Danny yells and smacks her hand away.

         “Danny!” She whispers, her voice broken. She drops her hand and looks at both of us. “Why are you both such fucking assholes today!” She yells and wipes the tears from her eyes before quickly walking away and out the side doors of the school.

         “Look what you did,” Danny points to me.

         “What I did? You’re the one that hit her!” I retort.

         “You know what, stay the fuck away from her, Shadow, I don’t want to see you around her again!” He snaps and turns the other way, heading toward the fountain.

         “Kinda hard when she lives a few doors down!” I call after him and he responds with giving a blood soaked finger which makes my mouth ache.

         I follow the same way Victoria left the school and keep my mouth covered. I open the door and peak around, “Victoria? “ I call, my ears picking up a silent whimper. “Victoria I can hear you.” I call a little quieter.

         “Go away!” She yells from around the corner, “I don’t want to see you or Danny for the rest of the day!”

         “Yeah, I don’t blame you. Vick, can I call you Vick? Well anyways, I wanted to say I’m really sorry for hitting your boyf-“ The word sticks in my throat, “Uh, Danny. It was totally uncalled for and I also sorry he hit you, that was completely uncool of him. So yeah, if you want you can come over later today and I’ll treat you to ice cream and chocolate and other things girls like and if you show me a mall I can take you shopping or whatever, so yeah, if you want to though. I know you can’t see me, but I’m bowing. Goodbye, Victoria.” I say, my voice soft and inviting. I do a quick bow and see her glance around the corner as I do so and giggle.

         “Thank you, Shadow, that makes me feel better. Usually when Danny and I get into fights like this he doesn’t even apologize, he just blames me in the end.” She sniffs and disappears again.

         “No problem, I’m going to go home, it’s been quite the day and I need to cool off.” I smile. She’s quiet for a while but her voice perks up and she laughs, “Later, Shadow. Oh, and you can totally call me Vick, it gives me some edge, makes me sound cool.”

         I laugh and reenter the school, closing the door loudly behind me so she knows I left. Wow, I’ve never really talked to a girl before but I think that worked, maybe I can win her over. Offering her ice cream and chocolate seemed so pathetic and unlike be but I didn’t know what else to say. Normally I would have invited Jack to the skate park or to trash Walmart but hey, ice cream and chocolate can be cool too!