Chapter 2

4 years later....

My alarm clock was blaring loud with its stupid annoying beeping. Yelling at me to wake up for another day of torture. Ever since the day my parents died, everybody in my pack always bullied and taunted me. There are the few exceptions of adults but even then, most of them will frown upon me. My brother and his best friend, and our future Alpha, were the worst of them on. They would say the meanest things to me and occasionally hit me. They would always encourage the kids at school to bully me. Even the geeks are at a higher rank than me. 4 years of tortured led me to become overweight and ugly, well everybody always called be ugly, so I assume I am. I have blond wavy hair and a light complexion with light blue eyes. I think I would be sort of pretty if I didn't have millions of rolls on my body.

Finally getting annoyed by my stupid alarm clock, I rolled out of my bed like the fat ass whale that I am, and walk my way to the bathroom connected to my room. I turn the water on to cold so I can wash all the sleepiness off and what not. After my 15 minute shower I shut the water off and wrap my hair and body with a towel to dry myself off. I walk back into my bedroom and to my walk in closet. I pull the towel that is around my body off and put my bra and my old lady underwear on. I'm too fat to have nice undergarments from places like Victorias Secret.

Before picking out my clothes for the day I look at myself in my full body length mirror and am repulsed at what I saw. Roll after roll is what was happening on my stomach. Finally getting enough of being grossed out I turn to my clothes and pick out a pair of jeans with a baggy grey shirt with a plain orange or pink jacket. Satisfied with what I'm able to wear and look okay I walk out of the closet and to my vanity set and put my hair into a messy ponytail. With one last look in the mirror, I get up and grab my backpack and phone and other essentials. I walk out of my room and shut door and begin to descend down the stairs and to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"Gosh you don't even bother to try to lose weight. You still eat like the fat ass you are" Brant tells me when he walks through the kitchen."It's Mason's birthday today and he is turning 17 today and will be able to find his mate today so stay out of our way. You got it?"

You see since we are werewolves, when we turn the age 17 we are able to find our mates. In case you dont know what mates are then I'll tell you. Mates are a werewolves soulmate, the one person you can not live without. You will do anything to take care of them and will protect them physically and emotionally. They are your other half and they complete you and make you a better person. Now unfortunately you don't always find them right away or sometimes ever and very rarely they or you could reject one another and that is just as horrible as losing a mate to death, it is heartbreaking. Just cause you turn 17 doesn't always mean you will find them, sometimes it could take years. When turning 17 it just turns on your mating senses per say. Like say you find them, when you look into their eyes you could see their wolf and the life you could share, and when you touch it's just like thousands of tiny bolts of electricity going off in your body. You can even smell their scent from a mile away and it will make you go crazy just to find the owner of that scent. I want a mate. I want someone to finally love me.

Breaking out of my thoughts, I bowed my head and mumbled a yes. He looked at me disgusted once again and turned around and yelled behind him. "If your not out in 20 seconds, I'm leaving you!"he yelled while walking out the door, I grabed my stuff from the floor and ran outside only to see my brother's car driving off and him yelling "Took to long fatass," I still had at least 5 seconds left.

I groan and began to walk the 30 minute walk to school, knowing I will be at least 10 minutes late. When I get there I got scolded by the teacher and a F on the pop quiz they had in the first 10 minutes of class. Most of my teachers are werewolfs like us so the ones that hate me like everybody else, give me unfair punishments when they let other students get away with walking out of class or not doing homework or ditching. Some teachers were nice to me, mostly because they feel sorry for me, but it's better than getting punished. After I got scolded I took my seat and the teacher got back to teaching, but nobody was paying attention. Everybody was buzzing about Mason and wishing they were his mate.