Chapter 3: Back then

Hey guys!! (:

Just to let you all know, I've edited Chapter 2. So if you haven't checked back in a while, please go back and re-read the last part before continuing here. Or you will be confused. Sorry for any and all inconvenience caused.

If you're a more recent reader, do proceed (:

See that MV on the side? Do NOT click on it until I tell you to further down. And make sure you play the music!! I feel it works superbly well. xD

Hope you enjoy this chapter! :D

=+=+=+=+=♥=+=+=+=+=+=+=♥=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=♥=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=♥=+=+=+=+=+=

" Since that day I just haven't been the same, the curious that wander are my prey."

-  from ' Dearly Departed' by The Creepshow

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Watts

Well, well. Who would have thought we'd ever cross paths again. 

It took me awhile to recognize her, but then again, it has been almost five years since I last saw her. And my, has she changed. I saw the flash of surprise and puzzled-ness in her eyes before she switched back to her steely gaze.

She doesn't recognize me. Yet.

Well, in all fairness, I guess I'm not the person I used to be either.

Fussy, obnoxious, petty, selfish, downright annoying and a world-class brat. Half the governesses quit their jobs because of how rude and stubborn I was. The other half, I scared away with my pranks.

I was a very, very naughty girl.

......................................................................................................................................

I was ten, sitting in a lavishly furnished living room with elegant finishings. I still lived in the mansion back then. Before... Yeah. 

"Back, straight! Don't hunch. And stop sulking, Ontario. It spoils your pretty face."

"Yes, Mother."

I glared at her and straightened my spine but I kept the sulk. The look on my face was enough to turn fresh milk sour. Mother sighed and shook her head. 

"Ma'am, Mrs. Goldpenny is here. Shall I show her in?" One of our maids asked Mother, setting down a tray of delicious looking shortbread and some tea.

"Oh, yes, yes. Please bring her here."

As soon as the maid left us, Mother turned to me again.

"Please, Tari (pronounced teh-ree) I'm begging you, just please behave yourself for once. And be nice. Goodness knows how many governesses you've been through already. I hope this one stays-"

She stopped just as the maid entered, followed by Mrs. Goldpenny. Mother stood up and plastered a big smile on her gorgeous face.

" Welcome, Mrs. Goldpenny! Please, have a seat."

"Ah, good afternoon Mrs. Watts! And this must be little Ontary you were telling me about."

"Ontario..." Mother corrected, giving me a sidelong glance, eyes prodding me to get up and welcome our guest.