Chapter 2 - Sebastien

I run down the empty cobblestone streets. I wasn't surprised that the streets were empty, considering that it was almost dark.

Taking in my surroundings, I notice that this is obviously the poorer section of the Trost District.

I just walk for a while, enjoying the sense of freedom. It becomes completely dark eventually, and I realize the creepiness of the setting. I begin to walk faster, and then break into a run. I look around frantically, and end up running into something hard, that sends me sprawling on the ground. I look up and realize it's a young man.

"S - sorry." I stutter, out of fear and surprise.

The man seems surprised also, that someone was out in this part of town this late.

"You lost, young lady?" He asks, even though he doesn't seem to be much older than me.

"No. I was just going home." I say, not looking at him.

I can feel his eyes on me, taking in my expensive dress, and gold bracelet.

"I don't think I've ever seen you around here before." He says suspiciously.

I look up at him now, and gasp. Even in the dark, I can see that he is strikingly handsome, and I get the feeling I've seen him somewhere.

"I'm sorry, but you've already seen too much sweetheart. You'll have to come with me." He says with a sinister smile. Another man comes into view form the darkness. I can only see his silhouette, but looks very tall next to the handsome man.

I start to get up, but the tall one grabs me and wraps a gag around my mouth. He picks me up roughly, and the last thing I see are the stars before I fall into unconsciousness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ A / N } Yeah, I know a gag probably wouldn't make a person pass out, but I wasn't really sure how they could kidnap her soooooooooooooo . . . yeah. Let's just let that slide, okay?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I open my eyes, I am greeted with a pounding headache. Then, I remember what happened last night. Or was it last night? It is still dark outside the window of the room I am in. How long have I been unconscious? All of these confusing thoughts only make my headache worse, so I lay back down on the cheap, springy mattress that I woke upon.

I let my eyes close, and rub my temple gently to try to soothe the pain. The headache is finally starting to feel better, until the door bursts open, and I quickly sit up.

I grab my head to help the dizziness, and look at my visitor.

"Alice?" The short man who kidnapped me says breathlessly.

I look at him with a confused expression, trying to figure out where I've seen him.

"Sebastien." I say, with sudden realization.

His mouth stretches into a grin, and he walks over to me.

"I was hoping you'd recognize me." He says, and pulls me into an involuntary hug.

We stay like that for a while, until I finally break free from his tight grasp.

"You were in the grade above me . . . back in Brantôme." I say slowly.

"Yes!" He says happily, "I've always had a bit of a crush on you, but I let it go when we had to move here."

I feel myself blush, because I had always had a crush on him, too.

"Me too." I say, as flirtatiously as I can, "Where are we? How long have I been unconscious?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

He looks outside, "The whole night. It's about noon right now."

"What? But it's still dark outside!"

"Yeah, I was getting to that. Don't freak out, but, we're currently underground." He says sheepishly.

"Underground? How is that even possible?!" I say, trying not to feel claustrophobic.

"No one really knows. All I know is that this is the only place for poor people to live. I mean //really// poor people." He explains.

"Wow. Don't you miss the sun?" I wonder out loud.

"Well, we can still go above ground. This is just where people like us sleep."

"Oh." I say, feeling stupid.

"Well, I should probably show you around. But be careful, people around here tend to steal a lot." He warns me.

"Okay." I agree, and take his hand.

I am ready to start my new life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Sorry for the really short, sucky chapter. I didn't mean for Alice's perspective to take so long, so I'm just going to skip her and Sebastien falling in love (I meant to spell Sebastien with an E btw). I'm pretty sure the next chapter will be the last chapter in Alice's point of view (P. O. V).

Thanks for Reading!

~ Emilee