Wonderland Project

A/N: Dear lord, you guys, I am SOSOSOSO sorry for not updating, I just got my computer out of the pawnshop after losing my file for the next chapter of Trapped (I apologize but the wait will be a bit longer. Rewriting something like that over two months old is very unpleasent) So I whipped this up a couple days ago for your please~ Enjoy and review, for it makes the author happy~

Prolouge: Let's Play a Game

"Well then... Alice?" a voice behind her asked mockingly. "You've only just begun. If you quit now, it will be Game Over. Do you want that?" She couldn't see anything, but she knew the features that accompanied it perfectly. 'Alice' trembled; the voice had come much closer now, she could feel cold breath against her skin. "Are you frightened...?" the voice crooned. "Come now, that's hardly becoming of an Alice. I had so hoped you would win..." It let out a sigh. "But I suppose I'll have better luck next time. I'll tell you something, though." 'Alice' felt her eyes blink surprisedly, simply a reflex, but there was no difference in the darkness. "A-and that is...?" she spoke shakily, trying hard to sound strong. The voice wasn't fooled.

"Well, dear, the fact is..." it went on conversationally, growing sickeningly sweet as it spoke. "Even if you did manage to win, it would not make me love you." Noticing how her breath caught, it paused, then pressed on dutifully. "Oh yes, dear, I knew. I saw it in your every trailing step after me, with blushing gazes that were sent my way. I was your adviser, dear. Not your prince. Don't be hard on yourself, you simply weren't who I was looking for. Hopefully next time..."

The voice seemed to drift, began speaking more to itself than her. "Such a silly girl she was... How dare those eyes consider bewitching me? Those eyes that grew so tempting, when filled with hate. Perhaps, perhaps soon I will see that beautiful expression again." It seemed to finally notice 'Alice', that she was still here (wherever here was...?) and muttered, distracted. "Ah yes, you. Well then, since it seems you've no wish to continue the game. This really is the hardest part of the job... Game Over. Goodnight Alice... Sweet dreams..."

'Alice' felt her eyes slide closed. She felt sleepy... Even as her mind screamed, she let out a slow sigh, and drifted off...

With that, she was Alice no more. The voice huffed, and a small click was heard, as lights flickered to life. Another down, so many to go, it seemed. He looked down at the girl sprawled out below him, with her eyes glassy. Jade green. Just like all the others. He didn't even know her true name, but who cared, when she wasn't the one he was looking for. His lip curled in digust at those eyes. "They're all wrong..." he muttered. "Oh, my Alice, where are you? Wonderland is waiting for you."

~xxx~

Wonderland is waiting...

~xxx~