Chapter 6

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed with a familiar ache; my head was killing me. I hope last night was all a dream. The room must’ve been dark because I couldn’t see anything, just a shadow of what looked like... A candle? No no... If it was a candle I would’ve saw it. I can’t make it out; it looks just like a yellow and orange blur. I couldn’t make out any details. Am I blind?  I gasped. I decided to use my other sense; I closed my eyes. The sheets were very silky as was the comforter. To the right of me was the nightstand with the candle, and the left of me was a lot of bed and what seemed like a chair. It smelt like lilacs. Where the hell am I?

                I relaxed a bit , there’s not much I can do since I'm partially blind and I don’t think shadows will be able to help me. My head was itchy; I went to scratch it when I felt a bandage. I screamed as loud as I could. Last night was real.

                “Lady Callidora is awake my Lord.”

                I heard it faintly outside my door. Who is Lady Callidora? Is she holding me hostage? I need to get out of here and go home. Then it hit me, James is dead and whoever killed him has me as prisoner. The recollection of the bones crunching and blood splatter made me shiver. I couldn’t help but break down and cry. Everything I wanted slipped out of my hands, and I will never get It back.

                “Lady Callidora, are you well?” A small voice said.

                I tried to focus my eyes but the more I did the worst the pain in my head got. All I saw was a small shadow, of a little girl I was presuming. She must not have been taller than 4 feet.

                “I’m not Lady Callidora, my name is Elisa Bookette and I want to know where I am!” I tried not to sound so harsh since she was a little girl.

                “May I sit with you? I’m Beval, meaning Goddess of the dead. But I’m not really a Goddess you know, I always wanted to be one…”

                I drifted away as she was speaking, name meanings? Her name was so unusual, I’ve never heard anything like it. She sat down anyways without my permission.

                “Beval is it? Why am I here?” I interrupted her speech on Goddesses.

                She giggled

                “I forgot how funny you are Lady C-.. Elisa.”

                “Please.” I begged. “Where am I? What happened?”

                “Do not fret child for we will not harm you.” A voice from the door said.

                Beval jumped from the bed.

                “Mommy! I wasn’t doing anything wrong I swear! I was just keeping our guest company!”

                “I can see that sweetie, now run along. You have things to attend to, I’m sure there are things you need to do. Me and,” She paused. “Elisa have things to discuss.”

                I heard the tiny footsteps of Beval sound lighter and lighter; until she was completely gone.

                “You killed my boyfriend.” It was a statement.

                “Oh Elisa, it was not me. Who did it does not matter, it’s why he did it.”

                “HE?! NO whoever killed James is a MURDERER and deserves to be killed.”