Bleeding Rose-- Prolouge

The forest was so cold, dark and quiet.  Everything was so still.  No wind was blowing through the branches of the tall trees. 

 The silence was too loud. 

 My beautiful white dress was torn and there was blood on my bottom lip.  My hair was a mess and I had ran out of my shoes.  When I came to the small lake my sister and I used to play hide and seek by when we were younger, I hit the ground on my knees and dipped my hands in the cool water to wash my face.  When I heard something in the distance my head snapped up and look to where the sound was.  The branches from the bushes moved a little. 

 He was here….he found me.

 I stood up quickly gathered my dress and ran in the opposite direction, trying to find a small opening in the forest so I could let myself in. 

 That’s when I stopped and stared off into the distance. 

 A figure stepped out from the forest. The built of it looked like a man.

 But something deep inside me told me....it was not.  

_________________

An elderly man clutched the reins of the two horses as they led the carriage up the dirt path.  It was the beginning of March and the air was crisp and warm.  A slight chill was in the air that day, followed by a cool wind from the east. 

 The old man pulled back on the reins when he pulled up to an old looking manor.  The manor was huge.  Marble steps that needed touching up led up to the great wooden door.  Weeds and vines encircled the house, showing that no one has even laid a finger on it.

“Sir?” said the old man looking over the house.  “We have arrived.”

 A silky smooth, yet cold voice came out of the carriage. “Good.  Lets get moved in Marvin.  I want to be settled by the evening.”  

 “Very well sir.” said the old man named Marvin.  He stepped down and opened the carriage door. “Though, I must advise that you take your medicine.  It has been a long ride and you have gone a long time without it.”

 The dark figure stepped out of the carriage. He was tall and wore a black cape that encircled him.  His hood was drawn so the only thing you could make out on his face was his lips. He lifted his hand as to wave off the old man’s advice. “I will take it soon, Marvin.  I just want to take a moment and enjoy the scenery I have missed for so long.”

 “Ah, yes sir.  It has been too long.  Everything has remained unchanged.” Marvin said standing by his Master looking up at the manor. 

 “Agreed,” said the cloaked figure. “It has been about 150 years.  And it has been untouched.”

 The two made their way behind the manor with the horse and carriage.  The stables and barn remained standing, although it would need some tending too, as well as the rest of the estate. 

 “Sir, I know I have asked you far too many times, but are you certain she has been born?” Marvin asked, untying the horses from the carriage. 

 “Yes. Positive.  And when its time Marvin, we will be ready for her.  Fate allows us to be together.”

 “And what if, please forgive me for this sir, it does not?”

 The cloaked figure turned and took slow steps towards the Nelvian Manor.  The manor he was forced to leave so long ago.

 The cloaked figure looked over his shoulder at his trusted friend and servant. “Then I shall kill the bastard that stands in my way.” 

A/N: Hello everyone :) Thank you for reading my story. Please tell me what you think :D