Chapter 8

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting for a long time!!! So busy! I hope you like the new chapter! It's a bit short I know, but I will improve it!!!

***************************************************************************************************************

"Well well well." Chuckled one of the men rather darkly, his machine gun pointed rather forcefully and menacingly infront of him. "Look what we have here. The little mutants. Nothing's going to save you from these bullets though." The man proudly tapped the machine gun.

The men were standing in the doorway, wearing black suits and black ties, holding terrifyingly strong machine guns.

Elixir's heart was beating almost twice the normal speed, and Crystallines was doing the same. The other man sneered

"Oh boss is going to be so proud of us." He rubbed his hands together. The other man shrugged.

"The only decision now is, which one goes first? Eenie meenie miney..." He moved the gun point to the different people as he said the words. Finally, his aim settled on one person in line, and he wrapped his finger around the trigger.

"Mo..."

That person

was Crystalline.

***************************************************************************************************************

At this, Archers blood was the only thing he could hear, pounding in his ears.

"No you didn't!" He yelled, but it was too late. The sound of gunfire had ripped through the air. Archer moved in a split second, tackling Crystalline -as quickly as his senses allowed him to - to the floor. 

"Are you ok?" He frantically, worriedly answered, to which Crystallines reply was a difficult, nodded "yes". He nodded, not really satisfied, but reluctantly leapt up. Chase was handling one of the men, trying to get the gun from the guys strong and inexperienced grasp. Then Archer turned, full rage mode, to the man who had attempted to kill the girl. In superspeed, he threw himself at the figure, sending the full grown man flying backwards through a wall. 

"How...?" Archer looked surprised at his own strength, but continued. He rushed through the gaping hole which the man had flown through, before throwing a blind punch, contacting with his jaw.

"That was for destroying my kitchen." He remarked smartly. And with that, after being thrown through a brick wall and almost having his jaw dislocated, he was unconscious.

Seeing that Archer had successfully done his job, he ran through the doorway, to see the other man had managed to keep his weapon in posses ion, whilst also having a bleeding nose. Crystalline was nervously standing out of reach of the man, Chase standing protectively on the other side. But the main target seemed to be Elixir. She was standing in front of the sofa, arms crossed. Archer took a step in to defend her, but the X henchman thrust out a hand.

"Take one more step and I shoot her." He threatened. Therefore, Archer stood there, hopelessly, urging to do something, but not wanting to be the cause of someone's death. The figure slyly retorted 

"Well, since boss has already ordered us to destroy you in one way or another, better ger rid of one." And with that, he pulled the trigger, unleashing a hail of bullets at Elixir. 

And with that, time almost seemed to slow down. Elixir pushed off her feet, just missing the bullets as they ripped into the material of the sofa behind her. She performed a backflip, missing the metal as they soared dangerously close to her face. Then she landed, behind the sofa, on two feet. She even seemed impressed with pulling that part off. Elixir looked around to see Chase, Archer, Crystalline and the even the man looking slightly awed.

The man let out a roar of anger, pulling the trigger again, to produce an empty "click" sound. He cursed under his breath, before seeing Crystalline in front of him.

"Language language!" She shook her head like an unimpressed school teacher, before slapping him forcefully in the face, grabbing the gun, and throwing it out of the open doorway.

"Now, with that piece of nuisance gone." She smiled, pleased with herself. The man glared at her.

"You..." He started, but in a split second, both boys were standing either side of her.

"What were you about to say to the lady?" Chase asked, already knowing the answer.

The man snarled, whipping out his walkie talkie.

"I'm out of here." He yelled into it, before running  at the doorway, and falling into an arranged garbage truck below.