sadness and silence

As soon as he had finished with Clary, Magnus ran straight upstairs. He wasn't actually sure which room was Alec's.
He was about to give up and leave Alec alone when he passed a door to a room from which came a slight sobbing noise. That was what broke Magnus's heart most about Alec; the fact that when he cried -if he cried- it was very silent. He was afraid of upsetting others.
Magnus put his head around the door.
"Alec? My baby?"
The sobbing turned into unsteady breathing.
"Come in."
Without any words, Magnus went straight over to where Alec was curled up in a ball in a corner and wrapped his arms around him. Letting Alec know that it was okay for him to cry, to be upset.
And Alec knew he would always be safe in Magnus's arms.
Alec turned around, nestling properly into Magnus, and linked their fingers together. Still sniffling and breathing oddly, he silently whispered, "Thank you."
"Thank you for existing," Alec continued. "Without you, I don't know what I'd do. You've helped me so much; sure I still have quite a while to go until I'm fully happy with myself and my life, but I'm glad to be alive now, with you."
"That's very sweet of you, Alexander," Magnus said, softly, kissing him on the top of his head. "I know how stressful and hard it's been for you recently, what with Jace becoming immediately infatuated with Clary, and your mother...Just, know this. I love you, always and forever. If you ever feel like it's too much, please let me know. We can cuddle, eat a ton of chocolate, and cry it out together."
Alec laughed.
Magnus thought it might've been the most beautiful sound he'd ever heard.
"That sounds like a great plan."
Magnus smiled.
"What's good as well is that I'll be more able to do that when I am inevitably forced to move in with you."
"Forced? Excuse me young sir, many people would grovel at your FEET to get anywhere near me."
Alec laughed again, and this time it made Magnus's heart shatter to a thousand pieces.

--------------

Clary approached the park with caution. She'd never been put in a situation like this before, but then again it's not as if your best friend becomes a vampire everyday.
She looked through the gate and gave it a push; it was locked. This meant she'd have to somehow climb it.
Finding a place for her foot, Clary hauled herself up until she was standing on the thin bar of the gate. She'd nicked her hand on the ancient peeling paint, and there was a small slow trickle of blood on her hand. Without thinking, Clary wiped her hand on the jacket she was wearing.
Momentarily forgetting it was Isabelle's.
She pulled herself up more until she could easily lift her leg over the other side. Carefully, she dropped down. Or, more, accurately, she landed with a thud.
That's gonna bruise, Clary thought, rubbing her sore arm.
"Hi."
"Who the- Simon!"
Clary threw her arms around him, and was surprised when he hugged back.
When they finally parted, Simon explained what happened.
"Raphael talked to me. He told me that if I needed help or guidance or somewhere to go, I should go to the DuMort. Well, I don't have a choice actually, seeing as I do have to live at the DuMort now. I don't mind though, before you start protesting -I'm sure Raphael is nice."
"But I can visit right?"
Simon smiled. "Of course."
Clary kissed his cheek.
"I love you, Simon. We have to go back to the others now though, so they know you're okay."
"Okay sure, but how are we gonna get out of here? I mean, I think I'll be good but what about you?"
"Oh don't worry; I'll climb again. I need to practise doing it too, cause I have a feeling I'll need that skill a lot now."

---------------

Isabelle had left to go back to her room after Clary had gone. She wanted to think. A lot had happened recently.
She noticed that Jace seemed to be spending less and less time with Alec each day. He'd quite obviously fallen in love with Clary, and to Alec, Izzy presumed, it was as if Jace was replacing him. Even though in her heart she knew it wasn't true, part of Isabelle felt horrible for Alec. Everything had gone to shit for him so quickly. Their mother was kicking him out, Magnus had been injured severely by some suspicious person whom they had no idea who they were, and Jace was ignoring him a little.
The reason she didn't go up and check on Alec was because she knew Magnus was already there. She didn't want to intrude on what could've been a private moment.
Isabelle loved her brother, more than anything. She was willing to tear down walls and part seas just to keep him safe and happy. She knew deep down how fragile Alec was. He needed constant reminders that he was loved, and that there was nothing wrong with who he was.
Alright, enough thinking. I'm going to go and see Alec now. Magnus and I have that in common; we're both ready to kill anyone who dares upset Alec.
Isabelle paused.
Well, not when the problem is his parabatai. That would literally kill Alec too.

-------------

Magnus and Alec didn't even notice Isabelle had walked in. They were too busy making out.
"Clearly you're not as upset as I thought."
Alec immediately turned bright red.
"Hi, Iz."
"Hey big bro."
She walked over and sat on the bed.
"You okay now? I saw you run off earlier, but I didn't want to go after you because Magnus already had and I didn't want to disturb anything private."
"You disturbed an extremely hot makeout session, actually. Though, to be fair, if you hadn't have come in then maybe-"
"Magnus, I swear to fucking god if you don't shut up I will superglue your lips together."
"That's a shame. Then you wouldn't be able to have your-"
Alec hit Magnus on the arm with as little effort as possible so he didn't hurt him.
Isabelle found the whole situation extremely amusing.
"Well, seeing as you two seem to be doing okay at the moment I guess I'll leave. But Alec, I'd like to talk to you later, okay?"
Alec smiled. "Sure thing."
Isabelle put her hand on the doorknob to leave but instead the door opened itself.
It was Jace. Alec looked away abruptly, and Magnus held his hand and hugged him.
"Clary's back! She's got Simon too. They're downstairs!"
Isabelle ran down, happy that everything seemed okay.
Jace held the door open. Magnus left, giving Jace a look before doing so. As Alec went to leave, Jace stopped him.
"Alec, look. I need to talk to you. I know how you're feeling, and I'm really, really sorry. I feel like shit for upsetting you and not listening to you. So if you're up to it, how about we go down to Taki's for dinner and we can talk it out? We're killing two birds with one stone; avoiding Izzy's cooking and making up. You down?"
Alec smiled.
So he hasn't forgotten about me.
"Of course. I could never turn my parabatai down."

wow sarah uploading a chapter over 1000 words long i thought that would never happen again
lol merry christmas/happy holidays y'all,,the big day almost here
i finished qoaad and like w o w my ass : shook. it's so good. and it's an absolute unit as well. there's so many things i didn't expect to happen, including one thing which had me in tears -happy ones tho
make sure to go read numb as well i'm uploading to it tonight hopefully xosarah